TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you T-Dubber's ever done business with an online outfit called, BikeBandit.com? They advertise OEM parts for TW's as well as my '82 Honda XL185. I just wonder if they're the Real McCoy, and reputable.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've used bikebandit and cheapcycleparts, both seem fine if I need a few item ($50+) but buying individual parts is usually less expensive through a local dealer due to shipping costs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
For OEM I buy most stuff from powersedge.com. They have the best prices I've found online.

Accessories (what few there are for the TW), tires/tubes, I order from rockymountainmc.com or motosport.com.

Lytle Racing group has good pricing on o-ring chains (OEM length, so you don't have to cut them) and sprockets.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I like Bikebandit.com They seem to have a pretty good selection of parts for newer and even vintage bikes, plus their located in (or near) San Diego which means (typically) parts arrive to me here in Fullerton (~2 hours from San Diego) within a day or two.

I used to use powersedge a lot (even though their in Michigan) however I didn't like that sometimes they would list a part as being available then E-mail after I placed the order to tell me that it wasn't. To be fair that generally happened when I ordered parts for my older Honda's. TW's seem to still be new enough that most places have (or can get) most parts fairly quickly.

Kevin

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ready for this one, try boats.net their search engine is horrible so you may want to have to part number you need handy but the stuff is OEM and cheaper then the stealership. They have everything from racks to jet kits for the TW.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I use boats.net for OEM parts like washers and valve screw etc., tw-parts.com for tires, chains and tuning parts, and eBay for everything else.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ronayers.com is always cheaper than Bikebandit and several others. Been using them for years. Very safe, secure and reliable.

They've had the same people so long, they know the sound of my voice and my address. Very helpfull folks.

I've also used Clawson Motorsports.com, but they charge alot more (close to dealers prices). Good luck.

·
Registered
462 Posts
During my comparisons to all OEM Yamaha parts dealers online, that claim to have discounted prices, I've found

cyclepartswarehouse.com to be the best for price. They are also located centrally, in TX and have very friendly staff, that once knew me by the "TW guy".

-Adam

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
During my comparisons to all OEM Yamaha parts dealers online, that claim to have discounted prices, I've found

cyclepartswarehouse.com to be the best for price. They are also located centrally, in TX and have very friendly staff, that once knew me by the "TW guy".

-Adam
Did you compare prices with shipping included? Texans will also have to pay sales tax.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Yes, they had the cheapest shipping to the Reno area, at the time of my research. They were much cheaper than Stadium Yamaha at the time.

Thanks for the heads-up. I started using Stadium Yamaha when I pulled in and the salesman and owner came out and recognized Tdub not only as a TW but as THE TW in some ride reports. He was very interested in a couple of my mods. While I was at the parts counter the salesman brought out a couple of the mechanics to discuss mods.

Much different experience than other DFW Yamaha dealers.

I rode to one while the rain was coming down in sheets and tornado sirens were blaring. The sales boys were clustered behind the front door and watched me park T-dub. When I walked in one piped up, "You can't ride in weather like this." I replied, "You can if you have a real motorcycle."

I walked up to the parts counter of one DFW Yamaha dealer and asked for a part for Tdub. The person behind the counter replied, "TW200? Is that a motorcycle?"

See why I was partial to Stadium when I lived in DFW?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I started using Stadium Yamaha when I pulled in and the salesman and owner came out and recognized Tdub not only as a TW but as THE TW in some ride reports. He was very interested in a couple of my mods. While I was at the parts counter the salesman brought out a couple of the mechanics to discuss mods.

Much different experience than other DFW Yamaha dealers.

I rode to one while the rain was coming down in sheets and tornado sirens were blaring. The sales boys were clustered behind the front door and watched me park T-dub. When I walked in one piped up, "You can't ride in weather like this." I replied, "You can if you have a real motorcycle."

I walked up to the parts counter of one DFW Yamaha dealer and asked for a part for Tdub. The person behind the counter replied, "TW200? Is that a motorcycle?"

See why I was partial to Stadium when I lived in DFW?

haha,

You're welcome, again - that was about a year ago that I've last ordered from them, so it may well have changed.

I remember you posting that "You can, if it is a real motorcycle" some time ago. I would have been partial to them as well, especially if they projected such an enthusiastic interest in the little TW, so much to have the owner come out. That's well beyond the service that is encountered these days! I sure wish people wouldn't be so damned serious all the time and take the time to talk to their clients or customers...a little appreciation goes such a long way.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I've been to Stadium Yamaha many days and there wasn't a cage on the property. Everyone working there rode to work. Everyone. Those folks ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts