TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yea they really should all be olive drab...got a buddy that has one..they are fun to ride..(kinda) but fairly gutless...the power to both rear wheels is cool unless you need to turn!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, if they were right behind harleys (sportsters anyway) it would be one fine machine. Id put my sporty up against any bike for reliability, build quality and ease of maintenance.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I am very familiar with this story, and know Paul Pelland personally. He has dealt with MS for quite some time now, and is an inspiration in the IBA community.
He is really good writer too. I say that IB story in ADV moto mag a while back and have checked out his blog some since then.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Star Wars has always been a merchandising monster but this time around Disney is going to too far. Star Wars make-up commercials?

I bought a lathe to build custom lightsabers. I've designed and built a few dozen of them so I already have one that matches my T-Dub. Why anyone would want to imitate a brat like Anakin/Vader and his adult temper tantrums is beyond me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If I got one, it'd definitely be one of the militant colors. But I dunno... aren't Urals the only motorcycle that's actually less-reliable and a bigger POS than a Harley?
I have used my Ural Gobi GearUp to commute to work the last 4 years in all kinds of weather in temps from -26F - 94f 46,000 miles and never broke down once. Yes you need to maintain the bikes very easy. When you can ride any other bike through the conditions that I ride year after year and just keep going let me know. Now she is under going a rust relief program. Please don't knock what you have not tried. Not picking on you Rob just a point. By the way those Ural promo things like that I would not buy either.

By the way 2009 FLHT I put 27,000 miles in 2 years on it besides oil, tires, 1 tail light bulb. Never had an issue with the Harley.
And by the way Can am has the worst rating followed by BMW.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I have always said that to go any distance on a Ural, the most imprtant things to have in your kit are a cell phone, a checkbook with a big balance, and an unbelievable sense of humor.
Yes I have been a Ural owner, and a Dnepr owner too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have always said that to go any distance on a Ural, the most imprtant things to have in your kit are a cell phone, a checkbook with a big balance, and an unbelievable sense of humor.
Yes I have been a Ural owner, and a Dnepr owner too.
I would imagine your Ural being pre-2009 and the Dnepr (older than dirt) well ya better have your tool kit. I find part prices are not any worse than any other bike, and certainly not BMW prices. After sinking my Ural in a river I needed to change my alternator that was $70.00 on ebay new. I had my starter rebuilt because of the same incident cost was $50.00 The items I changed on the Ural would have been ruined on any bike with the abuse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts