TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
1. Fat atv tire conversion front and rear.
2. Banshee shock with heavier spring.
3. Honda fatcat handlebars and 3 inch risers.

Or alternatively...
1. Truck nutz hanging from rear fender
2. Horn that plays "Dixie"
3. Viking helmet.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,597 Posts
1) 6-speed XT225 engine w/ kickstarter
2) ATV tire on 12" trailer rim with suitable sprockets for tractable final drive ratio.
3) Properly fitted Clarke 2.8 gallon fuel tank

Reactions: Ken and T8RTOT

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
takes "deathwing" to a whole new level!

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's hard to narrow it down, but for me: cargo rack of some kind, and hand guards. After that, it's a tie between foot pegs and larger or auxiliary fuel tank.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My serious answers:
1. Skidplate - while it won't do much more than amplify engine noise at home, it's a good idea for rocky trails that I get to ride once in awhile.
2. Rear rack - bicycling experience tells me that long rides with a pack on my back are not a good idea.
3. X-ring chain - should increase chain and sprocket life.

Runners up:
Larger foot pegs
30mm bar risers
Hand/lever guards
USB socket on handlebars
Phone mount with vibration isolation

·
Registered
697 Posts
I must be the only member on here still running a standard chain by choice. And yes, the new one did stretch a lot the first 500 miles, maybe only partially because it was in Moab with the sand and red dust. But I must be getting an extra .001 horsepower to the rear wheel thanks to less friction than the x ring chains.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I check my chain regularly, and have only needed to adjust it once in 4100 KM.
Nice. Is that a stock chain? I think they need adjusting the most the first few hundred miles, then significantly less often. Also depends on chain lube and riding conditions, but mentioning chain lube is likely opening a pandora's box for thread hijacking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If they're Farkle God's, they wouldn't limit us to only 3. They're more like Farkle Nazis. I'd say 1) Suspension, 2) Shinko front 3) 15/49 sprocket mod.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
1. Wolfman made in U.S.A. Enduro bag. Holds wallet and keys or a dachshund;
2. Oxford Hot Hands (grip heaters-velcro wraps-zero issues with electrical draw);
3. Kick starter...I can sell the crystal ball as to how my battery will treat me.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
What I have on my nearly stock 1993 bike:
Tapered steering bearing
Wider foot pegs (no name) steel
Folding IMS gear shifter

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Those who ride the most, have way more weight of opinion than those who don't. Ken. Fred.

·
Registered
726 Posts
My most satisfying modification to most any motorcycle I've ever owned are the ones recently performed on my Burgman scooter.

A few weeks after I crashed it I straightened out the mirrors, trimmed a chunk from one side of that brand new windscreen to match the broken side, and I bounced and pried and tweaked all that scratched and busted Tupperware to make it roadworthy again.

Folks ask if the insurance company treated me right and I say "It's a low mileage $1500 scooter. Who cares about that kinda insurance".

Funny thing. I might not have bought the thing if it looked this way in the photo, but I love riding it this way and it is worth $1500 every time I head out on it. It still cruises faster than the TW or the VanVan and is the most comfortable thing this side of my Suburban.

The real beauty of these recent modifications is that I can now carve off all that Tupperware and make a NAKED ADVENTURE SCOOTER!

I talk a big story but it is easy to just leave it all as it is and ride it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 50 Posts