TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Only 3 Farkles...

7K views 49 replies 27 participants last post by  Pupsocket 
#1 ·
Suppose the Farkle Gods contact you and have agreed to give you a brand new TW. It's yours to keep, the only stipulation being that you can only add 3 farkles. If you try to be sneaky and fudge the rules, it gets repo'd in the middle of the night as you sleep. In order of importance, what would your 3 farkles/mods be? o_O

Here is my list:
1. Shinko 241
2. X-Ring chain
3. DMO pegs

#40 ·
My most satisfying modification to most any motorcycle I've ever owned are the ones recently performed on my Burgman scooter.

A few weeks after I crashed it I straightened out the mirrors, trimmed a chunk from one side of that brand new windscreen to match the broken side, and I bounced and pried and tweaked all that scratched and busted Tupperware to make it roadworthy again.

Folks ask if the insurance company treated me right and I say "It's a low mileage $1500 scooter. Who cares about that kinda insurance".

Funny thing. I might not have bought the thing if it looked this way in the photo, but I love riding it this way and it is worth $1500 every time I head out on it. It still cruises faster than the TW or the VanVan and is the most comfortable thing this side of my Suburban.

The real beauty of these recent modifications is that I can now carve off all that Tupperware and make a NAKED ADVENTURE SCOOTER!

I talk a big story but it is easy to just leave it all as it is and ride it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

#45 ·
Ya know! I've had the larger pegs on my bike now for a few months, and few thousand miles now, and is an improvement when standing, but not so much that if I had to stay with the OEM pegs.....I'd been fine. And, I don't have small feet. Maybe why others didn't, maybe not. But, I get your wonderment, as it's definitely brought up often & popular mod.

Luckily they were cheap, so it was a no brainer.

But, wasn't a must have/need for me. That's why they weren't on my list. I chose comfort (bar risers & seat gel pad) and preventive maintenance/wear (X-ring chain).

Reactions: Fred
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.