TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
I hope not.....if they were, they may have trouble letting us know.

My daughter lives out that way, she's in Norman and I really worry about her during tornado season. I usually hear the news after the storms have passed or when she calls/texts to say she is safe. I lived in Tulsa for 32 years and never got used to those sirens; spent a lot of time in the bathtub with sofa cushions over me.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
It is totally beyond my comprehension that every house does not have a place to go to to get below ground level and lock the door. I would have a septic tank or manhole installed with a hatch to be able to get out of harms way.

Put a few ready to eat meals, some water, a bucket and plastic bags for waste to cover you for a few hours should be a huge improvement over a mattress and a bathtub when your house leaves the foundation.

·
Registered
546 Posts
It is totally beyond my comprehension that every house does not have a place to go to to get below ground level and lock the door. I would have a septic tank or manhole installed with a hatch to be able to get out of harms way.
I know, it's crazy...and living in a trailer out there is like living "extreme", they blow away first :eek:

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I have had this idea for a while. They should take all those FEMA trailers and put them out about ten miles from all the towns, you know, kind of like to draw the tornadoes away, tornado decoys I call them.

plumbstriaght;

You should be prepared for a couple of days to a week. Have enough to survive the storm but have the knowledge to survive the aftermath.

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
Hard to imagine living someplace where the wind can kill.
Maybe all the recent Oklahoman earthquakes will create deep fissures to assist in burying plumb straight's septic tank shelters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts