TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's really no easy way to put this, so i'm just gonna say it. :grey: I dropped my bike. in the yard. going like 3 miles an hour. i feel like a total tard.
seriously. it sucked. I was halfway up a rocky hill covered in pine straw when i bit it. and I haven't thought to practice starting out on a hill yet, so that was another issue all together. I picked it up just fine, and suffered no damage other than to my pride, thank goodness, but damn. did i mention that sucked???

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Well, you got that out of your system now, so no need to do it again. :D
It's only a matter of time before you dump a bike, everyone does it sooner or later, no need to feel bad sister!
Glad you are ok. We're kinda liking you around here, be safe.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Look at it as a milestone. It was going to happen eventually. No way around it so just embrace the suck and move on:D At least you didn't drop yours for the first time pulling a wheelie in front of your son. I was an excellent rider in HIS mind, right up until that little mishap:(:)

Tom

·
Registered
485 Posts
You have more miles on your bike before dropping it than me. Mine did a slow motion fall (I was hanging onto the bars getting it in the back of my pickup from the dealership) Lost my balance on the ramp when the front tire was about 1 foot up the ramp and it started leaning haha, I couldn't stop it. The bike fell over and I fell on top of the bike. So there you have it, you're already way past this tard.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks y'all! that was both entertaining and reassuring (for the most part.) :topsy_turvy: i'm gonna look at it as a friendly little reminder not to let my guard down...even if it is my 689 time around the yard. lol

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Okay, who had the latest pool on when MudBug would drop her bike for the first time? :D I know it has been passed around, so who had it last ?
I know "I" didn't win the pool, as I thought she would have lasted another week, but...hey, it is over now, and we can start a new pool on whether Dryden-Tdub buys that Transalp or not. ;)

50 cents a square, same as before, so start tossing your quarters into the pool, and...we need to find out who won the pool on MudBug's dropping of the bike.:p

Very happy you are okay, and nothing hurt...not "even" the pride, because we have ALL done it. :cool:
Make your pick's tonight. Tomorrow is coming quickly:blob10:

Tom

Reactions: mudbug and TWilight

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, who had the latest pool on when MudBug would drop her bike for the first time? :D I know it has been passed around, so who had it last ?
I know "I" didn't win the pool, as I thought she would have lasted another week, but...hey, it is over now, and we can start a new pool on whether Dryden-Tdub buys that Transalp or not. ;)

50 cents a square, same as before, so start tossing your quarters into the pool, and...we need to find out who won the pool on MudBug's dropping of the bike.:p

Very happy you are okay, and nothing hurt...not "even" the pride, because we have ALL done it. :cool:
lmao! that's too funny. u know y'all aren't right...

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Mudbug, if you aren't making some mistakes, you aren't learning or pushing the curve a bit. Just go at your pace, and take it easy. Like I tell folks, don't ride any faster than you want to crash.

As light a gal as you are I sure would like to see some armor on you. My wife dumped hers at almost a standstill and she caught a mirror just under her breast. Her ribs are bruised pretty good. We took her in for an xray as she felt like they were broken. I couldn't even touch her as they hurt and still do to some extent. All she really did was go over and it fell on her. I didn't see it myself, but she is one hurting unit.

A set that covers your front, back and shoulder pads are 65 bucks here. Tell you fellow to get you some or he is cut off.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Low sided for the first time on Monday at about 30 mph on asphalt. I felt like a tard to. But the look on the Mennonite kids faces, who ran across the road in front of me, as I came sliding towards them was priceless. The left hand guard of the bike, and the left sleeve of my armored Jacket took most of the abuse. Walked away with just a small amount of road rash on my left thigh and knee. The Chinese cast iron ebay foot pegs held up well to as one them put a pretty good groove in the asphalt.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is a shame Howard, but at least it sounds like the kids are ok.
The kids were fine, they really weren't that close. There was good layer of very fine gravel, I think from the chip and seal they use to patch the roads around here, in the intersection where I was making a left turn. I don't know if I locked the front tire when I saw those kids run out in the road, or if the gravel just got me. No harm. no foul.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
PROTECTIVE GEAR!! Nuf said! (don't want to harp.)

My last fall was when I was riding with the North Cal. Nut Jobs, I was looking behind me trying to see what our photographer was up to when I drove into a shallow ditch. I dumped the bike as I tried to drive out of the ditch, mostly because I was laughing so hard for the way I ended up there in the first place! All very slow speed, no harm to bike or rider. m.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
The guys are right about protective stuff of course, but then again, I regularly ride in jeans, cowboy boots, t-shirt and no helmet around the ranch...but gloves, I always wear gloves. I also didn't wear any armor in Moab...but I heard about it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts