·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's to a great opening day!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Cincinnati Reds {oldest MLB franchise} used to have the only opening day game{along with the DC team in the AL} in the National League...those days are gone, but the Reds still declare Opening Day, which they still get to open at Home each year, a Holiday in Cincinnati...weather looks perfect for the first pitch in a couple of hours....65 and Sunshine! Play Ball!

Meanwhile I have my first High School Varsity gig of the Regular Season, beginning at 5pm Van Wert Vs Spencerville in West Central Ohio....and finally some good riding and baseball weather...sure it is downhill starting tomorrow night, but at least Opening Day to going to be nice:cool:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, good luck to you and your team today. High School ball is one of my favorite to watch. MLB Network mentioned that there's church bells in downtown Cincy playing Take Me Out To The Ball Game. That's awesome. Gets my blood pumping! I'll get to watch an hour of Verlander/Shields before my Rangers first pitch at 1:05. God I love baseball.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
go giants! (and not one of those johnny come latelys who only like them after two ws... oh no, not one of those that come in the 3rd and leave in the 7th.... i did my time at the 'stick and miss it too. )
Beat LA,
GO GIANTS!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I got a certificate for my birthday for tickets to a Giants game for the whole famn damily. Just need to pick a date. And to echo JoeBand, Go Giants!! BEAT LA BEAT LA

Joemama

PS
I have been to a couple of my Grandson's Little League Games and a High School game so far. The base Ump at the High School game was an old timer that has been working games since my oldest son bagan Little League. We had a great between innings conversation going back 30 plus years. I love babeball !!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couple nice walk offs today. If you score ten runs, you should win a ball game, but the Rangers are running out a bunch of young guys without expirence to the mound and it's killing us. We need some good health and you'll see them make a summer run.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts