TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got the fender mounted for my build, and I left it long thinking I could always trim later. The current length looks great from the side but from the back it just looks like waaaay too much fender.

For those of you who have been in a lot of mud, can I get away with trimming some off? It looks like a lot of enduros have the fender end just before the tire but then again a lot of others have it go just a bit over, as mine currently is.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,405 Posts
Yeah, surprised Autocorrupt didn't spell it "Opiates".

Beautiful fabrication but seems like too much fender unless one needs to stay clean in swamps, bogs and muddy wetlands . Esthetically it will likely look better with the seat and any other assemblages in place. However a two inch trim might bring it in favorable harmony with the front fender-to-tire geometry.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
For me, it only looks 2, maybe 3 inches too long. I prefer not to look like a skunk.. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha yeah I traced it out and it looks like about 3 inches will be right on the money. I'll post some pics after I trim it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I settled on a 2&3/4 inch chop. After that and getting the corners contoured I think its perfect. There will be a good amount of room to mount the licence plate and lights, while still giving me enough room that if I ride with a backpack it won't smoosh the light.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts