TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DG recommended Dynojet Stage 1 kit @ $80

Have read here that procycle's jet kit is all that and a bag of chips @ $50.

Is there a difference? A preference?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
264 Posts
DG recommended Dynojet Stage 1 kit @ $80

Have read here that procycle's jet kit is all that and a bag of chips @ $50.

Is there a difference? A preference?

Thank you in advance
I just installed the DG last week. I got the kit off of ProCycle. Not sure what else you'd need honestly.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I am doing that job this weekend. Don't half ass it. Get rid of the welch plug and turn the pilot screw back 2.5 turns. Re-jet with the 130 and go from there. Maybe a shim and the Procycle needle. I need to run it and tune it and run it and tune it. I am also putting on my white Procycle spring and Procycle fork improver set up. I am putting on my flex jet too. That thing looks like it will kick ass. It will make me feel like I am easily commanding a 17 horsepower machine because it may be true. Easy guys and Trail Woman, and Mrs. Admiral, and Luv Not...hero worship is not healthy. I will let yous guys know how it turns out. I also got the 1.25 inch noise suppressor. I am 617 ft. above sea level. I am also getting rid of every JIS head I can find and replacing it with socket head. As many of yous guys know I am planning to jump a schoolbus while smoking a cigarette, flashing a peace sign, all while having a scantily clad 18 year old with low self esteem on the back holding a boombox playing "I'm the Man" by the killers. This is a lifetime of coolness wrapped up into one moment.

When I am done I will let you know if these parts are the best in the world. I will not keep them on the bike if they are not.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I did the main jet to 130 and turned the idle/air screw to 3turns (started with 2.5). The kit from ProCycle should be more than enough.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Tylermoney-Nice job. I have always heard that anything past 2.5 turns is inconsequential. Obviously I may have bad information. 2.5 turns is like when Nigel Tufnel takes you off the cliff with 11. There is nothing more than 11.

Haha, well my info was from others that are much more experienced/knowledgeable than I am :) ... had it been left to me, I would've probably still had it stock.

I will say that the adjustment from riding it with 2.5 turns to 3 turns with the 130 main in there did seem to make a noticeable difference to me. With that said, I do like going to 11 ;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thank you for telling me that. I will be mindful that when I am tuning it that I can go past 2.5 turns and it is relevant. If 2.5 is good it cannot hurt to see if 3 is better. I know how to undo that mod. With all the jokes aside, I seriously need all the tuning advice I can get. My mechanical work is like a hate crime against my machine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thank you for telling me that. I will be mindful that when I am tuning it that I can go past 2.5 turns and it is relevant. If 2.5 is good it cannot hurt to see if 3 is better. I know how to undo that mod. With all the jokes aside, I seriously need all the tuning advice I can get. My mechanical work is like a hate crime against my machine.
Believe me, I'm right there with you. I'm like a new parent making mistakes and learning as I go. Hopefully my TW forgives me when it's all grow'd up. From what I am discovering, even with good advice, everything is different depending on the specific bike, where you are located, and if all the stars are aligned :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Purple: Funny you should mention that no two TW's are alike. My cell phone speedo and bike speedo line up perfectly. My bike with the windshield off will see 70 MPH as long as I am not riding into a headwind. My buddy had one that barely saw 60 MPH and I outweigh him by about 50 lbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts