TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a good deal on some boots. Get it up to $100 and get free shipping. Bought a couple stickers to get it over.

MSR Dual Sport Boot - MSR

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine came in today. Fit great, I bought 10's as I wear 9.5's in everything else.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
That is a very good brand of boot...and a very good price!
Malcombe Smith Racing...

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what did everyone think of the boots? I loved mine as I took them on my 3 day ride in Aug.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Do they have steel toes now? In the video, Rider21 posted the boots they were showing didn't and they said that was a lack of protection. I could see the guy pushing down the leather in the toe area.

I hear comfort but how's the protection? Probably not good in Moab or trail riding boots eh?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Most off-road boots have a reinforced toe but I don't know of any with a steel one. Take it from someone who wears steel toe'd work boots all week. They are heavy and you can't feel the shift lever.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
The fellow used the term "steel reinforcement" for which I took it as to mean a "steel toe", so I guess my using the words steel toe is incorrect. I'm not a bootologist so I will assume there is a difference between a "steel reinforced toe" versus "steel toe".

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Most of them have a metal guard on the front of the boot. It's supposed to protect the sole from be coming wedged apart from the foot pad. On my old Hi-Points I used to polish it and the metal shin plate to a mirror finish.

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Do they have steel toes now? In the video, Rider21 posted the boots they were showing didn't and they said that was a lack of protection. I could see the guy pushing down the leather in the toe area.

I hear comfort but how's the protection? Probably not good in Moab or trail riding boots eh?

Toe seems very rigid/strong. Not sure about Moab since I have YET to get there. But for trail riding and riding in general that's what I bought them for. And so far they have been great. I would definitely recommend them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts