TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered a 19', and, and,and.

First post! Thanks for having me..

Yupp, I ordered 2019, I could have saved some scratch on a carry over, but I love the new color scheme.
I also ordered..
Front and rear racks from Cycleracks
JNS Engineering LED light assy.
$ 170.00 of stuff from Superbrightled's
128 main jet
130 main jet
3 pack of 0.4 mm shims (all jets and shims w Yamaha part numbers.)
IMS Super stock foot pegs

I plan to completely convert to LED's.
I also will be adding some extra safety lighting. (I was run over from the rear at a red light on my 650L)
Things like a brake light pulser, and a pr. of 18 watt amber strobes that I will use the horn button to activate briefly to be seen at intersections.
No plans for a slip on exhaust at this point.
Just plan to get the bike safer and tuned right
Don't get the bike till late March Probably have a thousand bucks worth of accessories waiting to go on! Still need hand guards and prob a skidplate..
I am really looking forward to this project, I build one cool thing each yr. and for 2019 it's gonna be a T-DUBB!

Thanks again I have already learned a lot poking around here!

p.s this will be my 5th dual sport... 650L, 250KLR, 650 KLR, 400 DRZ, and now the T-DUBB.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
welcome to the forum.. lots of enablers and co-conspirators that will help you figure out lots of ways you need to spend more money!
post pics when you finally get it!

what other "cool things" have you built... did i mention we like pics?

ride on!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to the forum.. lots of enablers and co-conspirators that will help you figure out lots of ways you need to spend more money!
post pics when you finally get it!

what other "cool things" have you built... did i mention we like pics?

ride on!
Oh heck yeah I will post pics as it comes together..
I have restored a lot of G.M. muscle cars.
W-30 Olds
L-78 nova
Stage 1 buick
421 pontiac tri-power and many more.
Currently playing with a 1000 thundercat..

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Congrats. Ride Safe and Happy.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome. Haha “enablers and co conspirators “ so true.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Hey, Mr. Farnorth, welcome to the forum!
I think we see eye to eye on what to do to a new TW, you have lots of fun ahead, getting her "just right" for YOU.
Keep us posted...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, Wow are we in a bitter cold snap up here in northern Mn, Working my butt off!
Will keep you posted on my build... And take some pics too.
Next week I will order up a skid plate and some hand guards.. Have not added up my accessories but must be getting close to a grand..
Sigh, lol
But it should be a dandy little bike...
I plan to do some really neat and functional wiring mods w safety in mind..

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You’ve got a nice list going already. If you haven’t already, get rid of the stock kiddie pegs. You can spend a bunch of money, or these have worked well for me on all three of mine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C3061YE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If your feet are bigger than your average 10 year old, these are nice too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WMRN1K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, at your first oil change, consider adhering a small magnet to the inside of your oil drain plug. With a new bike you can kinda monitor how your engine is breaking in by the amount of debris being picked up (and there will be some). The stock strainer on the plug and the oil filter do a pretty good job, but a magnet is nice additional protection. Cheers

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You’ve got a nice list going already. If you haven’t already, get rid of the stock kiddie pegs. You can spend a bunch of money, or these have worked well for me on all three of mine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C3061YE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If your feet are bigger than your average 10 year old, these are nice too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WMRN1K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, at your first oil change, consider adhering a small magnet to the inside of your oil drain plug. With a new bike you can kinda monitor how your engine is breaking in by the amount of debris being picked up (and there will be some). The stock strainer on the plug and the oil filter do a pretty good job, but a magnet is nice additional protection. Cheers
a couple things, 1- make sure you get the right oil filter and just because you get it from the dealer, does not insure it is the correct one, it must have 4 holes in it! 2- i agree that a magnet is a great idea, i use them myself, but the manufactured drain plugs that come with a magnet in them, have had a few magnets come loose and damage a motor. i coat the magnet with JB weld before installing the plug

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Jeez, that's a lot of stuff. Good thing you bought a bargain basement model Yamaha like the rest of us.
BIG YES++++ to the Shinko 241 on the front rim. For all that you bought I'm surprised you didn't ask why the stock front tire is called "The Death Wing".

Bolt all that crap on and post a picture. I have a lot of the same crap too, HaHa.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts