TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Family attacked by cat in Oregon plans to get it help

This is so utterly ridiculous it's unbelievable. Two adults call the cops over a "HOUSE CAT" which supposedly "trapped them in a room", that weighs....wait for it... TWENTY-TWO whole pounds!!! How is this taken seriously by anyone? This is so retarded I didn't even laugh.

Reactions: tcepilot

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah, that's what our taxes pay for, Morons who call Police for an attacking cat. If that feline intimidated my family that much, it would be sent to a Taxidermist for a prompt stuffing!

·
Registered
287 Posts
When I read this article, I couldn't believe it. I'm only 5'4" and weigh about a buck and a half but there is no housecat in the world that would terrify me.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i used to have a python that was 15 1/2 ft, people were always asking if i was afraid of it.... "if it take's 15 minutes to kill a rabbit and another 30-40 minutes to eat it, you think i'm afraid?" that said when it lunged after me it back peddled fast.

love our cats, but they have vicious claws and teeth that do real damage, i wouldn't want to have to grab a mad cat, but in terms of trapping me in a room: no.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
When this guys kids get a little older I can hear them saying something like this, " Daddy, I don't feel very safe with a pussy like you as our protector".

I have to wonder when his wife will seek out a real man and take this pussy for all he is worth.

A wild house cat can be a very intimidating and worthy adversary but not so much with a size 9 1/2 up its ass.

just an after thought here but I'm betting this guy voted for Obama---- Twice!

GaryL

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Still laughing about this... Punch the cat in the nose and show it who's boss and you'll be OK....

·
Registered
385 Posts
My weapon of choice would be my tennis raquet. Just have to watch out for the lamp.

Reactions: Fred and 50short

·
Registered
101 Posts
By no means am I sticking up for these people, but cats are not something to take lightly. Countless "Cat vs ........" Videos on the web.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The cat would only be around for as long as it took me to find the box of ammo for my Colt Army Special.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Or, better yet, introduce the cat to This Guy.
He fears no cat......Lol
My wife and I have 5 cats. And I don't think anyone here is endorsing animal cruelty. I think everyone is reacting to owner stupidity.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Weapons to deal with a cat? Just consider it soccer practice time. *thunk * SCORE!!!!!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Hey, I generally like cats, most are awesome playmates and tons of fun. Most cats beat the heck out of dogs when it comes time to have fun. However some cats, like some people, and some dogs, need to have their genes removed from the pool. Why, my Princess's Kitty was totally evil, even tried to convince my 2-year old grandson to go fishing in the aquarium. Let's not even mention how many blinds and shades that cat destroyed, or how many sets of keys she took and hid, or how many lamps she broke, then looked at us like it was our fault for putting them in her way. But, all was forgiven, because every night Kitty would snuggle up around Princess's neck and stay with her all night. Some of my most prized possessions are pictures of the two of them asleep on the couch waiting to go to bed until Angel came home from work and tucked them in. Kitty ate last the morning before Angel and Princess were taken, and Kitty knew her Princess would never come home again, so she stopped eating and died of a broken heart. Kitty lived just under a year.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I've met few bad cats in my life. That said, I had an encounter with one that made me at least understand the topic of this thread.

My niece's cat would full on attack my mom & her friends when they would go out on a walk. They would try & defend them self's with a walking stick, but still get scratched a bit, real bad once! (My mom's in her 70's.) Finally my niece moved the cat down to her new place out in the country, where it had little human contact. She had me feed it once while she was away... I thought no big deal, and was not intimidated by it, & allowed it to get next to me as I filled it's food bowl. BIG mistake. It ran over & bit me right through the web of my hand. Really swelled up bad, & yes, I did try to retaliate with a kick, the @#$% was to fast for me. Finally, after the cat had attacked my niece one to many times, she asked me if I could help her do something about it. Here's the good part! I contacted the local animal rescue person & explained the situation. The person explained to me that for a fee, they would take the cat, & turn it loose into the wild with a group of feral cats that they feed on a regular basis. (NUTS!!) I replied that instead of introducing another domesticated animal into the wild where it can pray on wild birds, etc. that maybe I should just shoot it. The person became very angry at this point, & explained to me that it is a felony in the (ever so wise) state of California to shoot a domesticated cat... Hmmm...

I can understand how a person(s) who were attacked by a very agitated cat, could come to the conclusion that the best way to handle the situation would be to contact law enforcement. Believe me, many people call the police for FAR stupider reasons than that! As I understand it now, the owners of the cat are going to seek therapy (no joke) for the angry feline. This seems like a very "Californian" thing to do. I wish them luck. :rolleyes: m.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts