TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just got back from being stationed in Haiti and am now living on the Oregon Coast (Bandon). Don't know how long I'll be here or if I'm going back down there, but I was wondering if there are any riders thinking about or interested in a TW "Turtlepalooza" of our own (unless that phrase is copy protected).

If not; any TW riders near me that might enjoy getting together and riding some of the logging roads?

[email protected]

Cheers,

EC

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi,

I just got back from being stationed in Haiti and am now living on the Oregon Coast (Bandon). Don't know how long I'll be here or if I'm going back down there, but I was wondering if there are any riders thinking about or interested in a TW "Turtlepalooza" of our own (unless that phrase is copy protected).

If not; any TW riders near me that might enjoy getting together and riding some of the logging roads?

[email protected]

Cheers,

EC

Hehe, if I was in your area, I would probably play golf! I love the links courses there. Hope you hook up with some fellow riders. I'm riding tomorrow with a friend who just moved down here from Coos Bay.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am over in Springfield and would love to go logging road rideing but am working way too much ot and taking care of kids the rest of the time. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any riders thinking about or interested in a TW "Turtlepalooza" of our own (unless that phrase is copy protected).

Cheers,

EC

Welcome! I am about to post something that might interest you. Give me a bit . . . . .

Bag

·
Registered
908 Posts
As bbagwell said, there is a group of us in Salem! Another buddy just got one so we're up to 4 in our t-dub club!
We'd love to go riding sometime. Feel free to keep tabs on our local offroad club website (www.midvalleycrawlers.com) as we post dirt bike trips on there. We don't really ever get down to Bandon, but we often ride everywhere in between Lincoln City to Detroit, Oregon...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As bbagwell said, there is a group of us in Salem! Another buddy just got one so we're up to 4 in our t-dub club!
We'd love to go riding sometime. Feel free to keep tabs on our local offroad club website (www.midvalleycrawlers.com) as we post dirt bike trips on there. We don't really ever get down to Bandon, but we often ride everywhere in between Lincoln City to Detroit, Oregon...
Thanks guys. I'll look at your sites and maybe we can get together this spring/summer. You've probably got some dynamite places to ride. I was thinking about a trip to Eastern Oregon this spring/summer for a desert trip.

Evan

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll look at your sites and maybe we can get together this spring/summer. You've probably got some dynamite places to ride. I was thinking about a trip to Eastern Oregon this spring/summer for a desert trip.

Evan

A buddy of mine said you could ride for a week in the Steens mountains and never ride the same road/trail twice. He thinks a t-dub would be ideal over there. He crashed his KLR over there this Summer, that is helping convince him to get a t-dub
. He said on a t-dub he would of never crashed!

·
Registered
264 Posts

Evan

Man, i've been dreaming of doing that eastern oregon ride for a couple of years now, that would be epic. Would be a great group ride. Gotta fit in "Cowboy Dinner Tree" somehow though. Cowboy Dinner Tree

·
Registered
32 Posts
Howdy just bought a new tw200 in feb. I live in Depoe Bay, Or. just getting back to riding after 20 some years ! its going pertty slow as the weather here isnt helping much!!! but soon summer will be here!! plan on checking out the logging roads around here this summer... will keep in touch on the forum.....take care all......Gary

·
Registered
908 Posts
Howdy just bought a new tw200 in feb. I live in Depoe Bay, Or. just getting back to riding after 20 some years ! its going pertty slow as the weather here isnt helping much!!! but soon summer will be here!! plan on checking out the logging roads around here this summer... will keep in touch on the forum.....take care all......Gary

Hey Gary~

Congrats on the new bike!

I used to go up the loggin roads just a mile or two south of Depoe Bay and there were some nice areas to explore with many great views. In recent years, every time I've checked those roads, they have been gated.
Are there any forest / logging roads that are open around there anymore? Also, we have ridden from Dallas / Falls City over the coastal mountains to Taft and Siletz, but gates are popping up more and more making this almost impossible (without going under or around them). Any information would be really appreciated. And definitely hope to meet up some time!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Gary~

Congrats on the new bike!

I used to go up the loggin roads just a mile or two south of Depoe Bay and there were some nice areas to explore with many great views. In recent years, every time I've checked those roads, they have been gated.
Are there any forest / logging roads that are open around there anymore? Also, we have ridden from Dallas / Falls City over the coastal mountains to Taft and Siletz, but gates are popping up more and more making this almost impossible (without going under or around them). Any information would be really appreciated. And definitely hope to meet up some time!

Well I know what ya mean about all the gates, closing off the roads!! I went to High school here( 1977) and U could ride from Depoe Bay to Fall city!! as for now the road that is usually open is up off hwy 229 (siletz hwy) about 6 miles off of Hwy 101, Its called Warner rd. turn left at the new county park, that road will get u in to the logging roads!! during elk season we went thru 2 the road 2 Fall city, or go the other way and come out on Hwy 18 by Roselodge.. not sure of the number of the roads...as my cousin took me and he has logged this whole area, might have to get me a GPS...and some topo maps!! well waiting for the weather 2 get nicer so I can get back my riding legs and balance..LOL.... should be a great summer! also have to get my M/C endorsement.. thinking of taking a class in tillamook this spring.... well hope this will help ya, for new riding this year!! take care...keep in touch!....Gary

·
Registered
908 Posts
Gary~

Thanks for the info. We definitely need to meet up this summer and ride in that area!! My Dad and Uncles used to ride from Dallas to the coast all the time on ditbikes in the 70's and 80's.

Here's a link to a ride report thread from a ride that my cousin and I did last September. It's hosted on our local offroad club website in here in Salem. The story is a little entertaining. And here's the map of our route:

My link

And here's the map of our route: (tracks from my Garmin 60CSX GPS)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Back from the grave kinda.

Dave, when you do a trip like that do you haul to the start and do and out-n-back or what?
We usually ride from home... only time we haul is if we're gonna ride harder trails all day.
I kind of disappeared on here as I got a Husqvarna SM610 and set it up as my main dual sport bike... so the TW only gets taken out a few times a year currently...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts