TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a photo of an original OEM tool Kit. I have a 2012 TW200 that is missing. I will probably just build up a kit to my liking/needs but would like to see what the OEM kit looks like... Found a old thread with a picture... but the photo was no longer available.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Here ya go. 2014 kit.

20170501_180115.jpg

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of an original OEM tool Kit. I have a 2012 TW200 that is missing. I will probably just build up a kit to my liking/needs but would like to see what the OEM kit looks like... Found a old thread with a picture... but the photo was no longer available.
You can buy the tool kit new for $27

IMG_7577.PNG

·
Registered
8,356 Posts
Nice picture of the real junk tools provided! I suppose $27 is not a bad deal and the kit might get you out of some of the jams we might have out in the field but I have never once opened the tool kit while working on my TW in my garage with a real tool box of good quality tools.

GaryL

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have never even thought of using my tool kit. However, if those are real JIS drivers they would come in handy at times. I'll have to test them out one of these days.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
BCC they are JIS and I have used mine from these kits until I bought some on Amazon.

·
Registered
8,356 Posts
JIS is a highly protected trade name for Japanese Industrial Standard. Here in The US they are called Cross Point if you can't find JIS. If you have a Fastenal store in your area they normally have Cross Point bits in stock and you need size 1, 2 and 3. Using a regular Phillip's head driver on a stuck TW screw and you probably end up needing a new screw because you rounded the head.

Gary

·
Registered
507 Posts
JIS is a highly protected trade name for Japanese Industrial Standard. Here in The US they are called Cross Point if you can't find JIS. If you have a Fastenal store in your area they normally have Cross Point bits in stock and you need size 1, 2 and 3. Using a regular Phillip's head driver on a stuck TW screw and you probably end up needing a new screw because you rounded the head.

Gary
Darn rights! Had to replace the outer seal for the outer case bearing. The screw that retains the outer bearing plate in the stator and drive gear housing is one of them JIS screws. I have never in my life seen a screw so frickin tight... I did not have a JIS driver to fit... Rounded out the head with a standard philips... Motor tooled to a straight slot and used my impact driver.... WWWWWoooowwww!

Jim

·
Registered
8,356 Posts
Darn rights! Had to replace the outer seal for the outer case bearing. The screw that retains the outer bearing plate in the stator and drive gear housing is one of them JIS screws. I have never in my life seen a screw so frickin tight... I did not have a JIS driver to fit... Rounded out the head with a standard philips... Motor tooled to a straight slot and used my impact driver.... WWWWWoooowwww!

Jim
We sure have heard this plenty here. Here is yet another tid bit to pack in your tool box. Phillip's head screw drivers are a disaster on JIS screw heads but JIS or Cross Point drivers work very well on Phillip's head screws and maybe even better than the Phillip's head drivers.

GaryL

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nice picture of the real junk tools provided! I suppose $27 is not a bad deal and the kit might get you out of some of the jams we might have out in the field but I have never once opened the tool kit while working on my TW in my garage with a real tool box of good quality tools.

GaryL
The big box end wrench works great for removing oil drain plug.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hay I will add that the spark plug socket works great for my bike. I have a Trail Tech speedo that has engine temp. The tab for the wire in sensor lug that goes on the base of the spark plug makes removing the plug impossible with a thick walled plug wrench...

Example:

CHT Sensor Cylinder Head Temperature Probe_Ring Terminal Washer_Spark Plug.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Where is the tool kit on the TW, I have just bought a new one and the manual says the left hand side panel is removable to locate it. Can't get the side panel off mine.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Carefully pull the bottom of the side panel out away from the bike. If you look closely at the bottom of it you will see two slots in it that go over posts, then in the front of the panel is a pointed pin that goes into a gromet under the tank. Pop this out and the tool kit is there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
And keep in mind if you need to get under the left side cover for any reason (usually air cleaner check), it doesn't just lift off. It's held in place with screws.

·
Registered
8,356 Posts
Right and left are determined while sitting on the seat facing forward. Some scumbag dealers either remove the tools kit or never install them and then expect you to buy it after the sale. My local dealer here was such a scumbag and when he was going out of business, wonder why?, he had boxes full of tool kits and even then he wanted $30 each for them. Your bike comes stock with a toll kit so if it is not there then go back and demand it.

GaryL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks everyone, got the cover off but no toolkit, although the space behind the cover is full of electrical stuff, not really any room for a toolkit, maybe it's a euro spec thing

18268103_10208750013615941_2914050905852184215_n.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts

·
Registered
8,356 Posts
If you look close at the bottom of the molded plastic you will see there is a hook molded in. The tool kit packs neatly at the bottom and a rubber strap similar to the one over the battery holds it in place. If this is a NEW TW bought from a dealer then go back and demand your tool kit and the strap. Go back and read my post #17 and then you determine if your dealer fits my description!!!!! TWs come right from the factory with the kit in it's assigned place so someone had to remove it.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts