TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
I was welding today, but not atop a ladder.:) Especially one at that angle, note so close to the top. 'Course knowing Travis he probably has his horse trained to keep the bottom of the ladder from skidding out.
An inexpensive auto-darkening helmet from Harbor Freight allows me to see my blob-welding in embarrassing detail.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're going to need a seeing eye dog Flathats.
You by chance a welder for Cycle Racks there in Idaho? Maybe you could borrow one of their welding helmets. Take it home for a day.
Nice garage tho...
Struck then looked away and felt the weld...the helmet was in the truck behind me....need to invest in a fancy auto darkening one though....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I was just trying to be funny. It would take one helluva set of extension cords to power an arc welder, I'm guessing. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Oh, and don't make me post a photo of my extension cord. I used the "wire nuts" to splice it together. lol

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're going to need a seeing eye dog Flathats.
You by chance a welder for Cycle Racks there in Idaho? Maybe you could borrow one of their welding helmets. Take it home for a day.
Nice garage tho...
Wish we had a garage....45 x 120 ....got 45×45 concrete floor for shop....rest is equipment parking for winter....working on making it better..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yah I noticed it but who cares.
I mean it's not like and empty holster is gonna jump out and bite someone of it's own volition or anything.

·
Registered
796 Posts
OSHA? Looks more like a candidate for the "Darwin Awards" . No shield, metal ladder near grounded substrate nearby and holding electrode without gloves. Ladder at poor angle etc. Personally I would be ashamed to demonstrate such ignorance but it's a free country. Might make a good ad for following OSHA guidelines if something went South and required a funeral. Sometimes just because you can don't make it a smart operation.
In my cowboy daze you'd see lots of same, I called it the "the cowboy way" never could figure out the reasoning. Grandpa used to say " never time to do things proper, always time to do it over though".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts