TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped my 200 in gravel. My right forearm took a beating. No, I wasn't wearing what I should have been wearing. So, for that I am ordering Acerbis Cosmo Body Armor. Now, just what kind of pants might be recommended for offroad use? Got the head gear, goggles, boots and gloves. Oh and more importantly, the 200 didn't suffer any injuries. The handguards did their job.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Always wear protective gear. Their are Mesh Jackets that are OK into the mid+ 80's. It will be a bit less painful when S... happens. Though these jackets aren't as good as a full covered one. But then the HEAT. Vents or not.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have some cycle gear kevlar denim with knee pads. If longer ride I have some sedici arturo pants. Bare min I have some dickies that I add Leatt Airflex Pro Knee Guard with a pair of padded liner shots. Jacket is always a mesh armored one. I can add layers if cold

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
geez! given this morning's episode i thought this was a flagged thread!

i wear a pair of cyclegear armored pants. the flared boot leg is nice to go over my boots.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Nobody asked this question. Do you still have the deathwing tire on the front? If you do and want to not fall as much change it out. When I had the stock tire on the front it felt like I was driving on marbles on gravel, very skitery. I have the shinko 241 others have some other good front tires.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have a Bilt techo mesh jacket. It works great in 90 degree heat and has some armor in it, plus it has a removable liner for cooler weather. I still need pants and knee pads, plus better boots.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have a Bilt techo mesh jacket. It works great in 90 degree heat and has some armor in it, plus it has a removable liner for cooler weather. I still need pants and knee pads, plus better boots.
I have the same jacket. The pants I mentioned above are a great match

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have the "grey" one it looks like dirty white. The true white one would be a mess with me in no time. I wanted to buy the hi vis green but got out voted. Lol.

On sale now at cycle gear.

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
drsquat, these goofballs are talking jackets when you asked about pants.
Kevlar/demi pants can be had without breaking the bank, good for casual (dry) rides.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Like most everything, mc gear has changed! I have ridden with leather since the 70's. But glory be these mesh
pants and jackets are awesome in use. Esp off-road. When used with liners, be come four season units. I even used my
my mesh jacket when learning to ride a bicycle again post brain surgery, saved my skin multiple times as my balance/judgement really off
and I crashed repeatably without so much as a bruise (except my ego....) even better the price point is getting better with time. If you hunt you can find a whole outfit for under $200 or less. I spent a fair amount of time in over 100 degree weather a few years back. Quite comfortable with mesh gear and a wet t shirt underneath. Cooler than just a t shirt and no wind/sunburn either.

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts