TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Saw this the other day on a facebook page....had to about be in shock, had to hurt like Hell....I thought the guy held up well....a bloody mess to say the least! :excitement:

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I had the same thing (almost happen) a few weeks ago. A stick, pretty much like that one splintered off a log end and kicked up when I was going over the log under it and it caught me dead on, on the top of my right foot, I had saw it coming up and pulled my foot off and away fro the peg just as it was hitting me, if I hadnt it would have went through the boot or at least broken a few bones, as it was I had a large black and blue on top of my foot, pretty much the color of Fred's foot in his pic. When I saw Fred had posted his foot pic I said... hmmmm where's a friend with a camera when this stuff happens. Now I see this guys video and his friend has the camera out lickity split. Now that's a true friend! Lol

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I never liked riding with MX boots because I ride my TW to fishing spots along the streams and rivers and need much different boots for that. I did buy a set of good shin guards that go from my boots up over my knees and I would not ride the TW without them. They just strap on with velcro and have saved my legs more times than I can count. It's a jungle out there!

GaryL

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
That's the problem with modern MX boots. Plastic armor. Besides not stopping something like that stick they become brittle and fall apart after a few years. Bring back the old Hi-Points with the metal plates!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts