TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aug. brings another birthday weekend ride. This time on the east side of Lake Chelan on the Cooper Ridge Loop. You can take a look at the route here. Birthday is the 19th so this year we will be riding the 16th - 18th. I'm very lucky to have my son still want to tag along with me on these trips. Along with my friend Peter it should be a great time. :cool:

COOPER RDG CC - Chelan, WA

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Yes, does look like a great ride.

Not related to your ride directly, but I use Ride With GPS all the time. I like how you linked it for the route. I think that's how I'll share route info from now on instead of a "photo" of the route from RWGPS. I learned something new already today!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks like a great ride. How many miles do you plan to ride each day? I've done a little riding over in the Orondo area and woudl love to check out this route sometime. I'm curious to know if the ride is exhausting from the terrain, heat or both? Happy Birthday a bit in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a great ride. How many miles do you plan to ride each day? I've done a little riding over in the Orondo area and woudl love to check out this route sometime. I'm curious to know if the ride is exhausting from the terrain, heat or both? Happy Birthday a bit in advance.
I'm pretty sure it's going to be HOT. Never ridden this route before so it's all new. We will play it by ear as far as when and where we camp. Hopefully camp by a creek if possible. Looks like we may take a side trip to Twisp, we'll see how things go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think there is a forest fire going on there now. Check on the Forest Service website.
Good luck on the ride.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think there is a forest fire going on there now. Check on the Forest Service website.
Good luck on the ride.
Great NOT what I wanted to hear.:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts