·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Gulfrider

·
Registered
36 Posts
In a Politico article about white nationalists supporting Donald Trump published earlier this week, Trump campaign spokesman Jason Miller denied the campaign's connection with hate groups, claiming that they've "rejected and rebuked" such groups, "have never intentionally engaged" with them, and "don't want votes from people who think this way." However, if Trump didn't get votes from white nationalists, he wouldn't stand a chance—at least, if you look at the numbers.

Social media analytics firm Demographics Pro analyzed 10,000 Trump supporters and 10,000 Hillary Clinton supporters active on Twitter. Then, the firm matched the account with 10 white-nationalist Twitter accounts, including David Duke and Jason Bergkamp.

White Nationalists.jpg

The results were disturbing, to say the least. A whopping 3,549—considerably over one-third—of the Trump supporters followed one or more of the white nationalists (as illustrated by the chart above). In comparison, only 16 Hillary supporters followed any of the white-nationalist accounts.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
And if the Democrats wouldn't keep the blacks on a short leash with welfare and dependence on the Government, maybe they could break free and, well, be free. But the Democrats, founders of the KKK, are sure to not let that happen. They would lose that vote, they have them duped into believing they (the Democrats) are supporting them while in reality they are keeping them as pets.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Or do you currently? JK JK JK!!!!!

And who else are the white nationalists going to vote for?

And I wouldn't put all the blame on democrats for the short leash, all politicians are the same democrat or republican. let's get real here.

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Let's keep it civil and not swap insults. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However any assumption the racial pride is wrong somehow should be a two way street. As such Hillarie's very long support of the Black Panthers to pander to the black vote, as well as recent Black Lives Matter should raise concern...that is unless you are aware of all the behind the camera anti-black racist remarks Hillary is know for and realize she is just a hypocrite and lier. Trump is no angel but you know where you stand with him, the lessor of two evils.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Elmer is an agent provocateur. His only goal is to spark anger and hatred, and that he does well. He plays the race card more aptly than any one, of any race.

Elmer, Elmer Fudd.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Yep, in a few days you can devote yourselves back to enjoying riding and motorcycle maintenance. Surely been a long strange trip for all Americans wherever you stand.

Not sure why I feel someone picked-my-pocket when I see this picture?
IMG_6504.JPG

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
In a Politico article about white nationalists supporting Donald Trump published earlier this week, Trump campaign spokesman Jason Miller denied the campaign's connection with hate groups, claiming that they've "rejected and rebuked" such groups, "have never intentionally engaged" with them, and "don't want votes from people who think this way." However, if Trump didn't get votes from white nationalists, he wouldn't stand a chance—at least, if you look at the numbers.

Social media analytics firm Demographics Pro analyzed 10,000 Trump supporters and 10,000 Hillary Clinton supporters active on Twitter. Then, the firm matched the account with 10 white-nationalist Twitter accounts, including David Duke and Jason Bergkamp.

The results were disturbing, to say the least. A whopping 3,549—considerably over one-third—of the Trump supporters followed one or more of the white nationalists (as illustrated by the chart above). In comparison, only 16 Hillary supporters followed any of the white-nationalist accounts.
Interesting. Not the findings mind you, just the lack of details. I notice they used seven hashtags to associate with Trump followers and only six for Hillary? Furthermore, #NeverHillary and #AmericaFirst could hardly be solely, or even loosely labeled as Trump supporters. Why wouldn't #AmericaFirst also be included as Hillary followers? Do her supporters not put America first? Is she running for the President of some other country? Why is there NOT a breakdown of how many followers from each group made up that total?

Maybe it is the skeptic in me, but I will just go ahead and assume given the lack of transparency in this "survey" the two questionable hashtags I listed above make up the VAST majority of those "White supremacists".

Nice try.

Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Elmer is an agent provocateur. His only goal is to spark anger and hatred, and that he does well.
I'm not trying to "spark anger and hatred", I'm just adding a bit of balance and reason to some of the far right rhetoric espoused here.

Unfortunately, many of you can't tolerate a viewpoint that differs from your own. Pity, I would think you'd get tired of the right wing echo chamber.

Go back and read my posts. I've only got 32 so it shouldn't take you too long. You will see anger and hatred, but it is directed at me, not by me.

He plays the race card more aptly than any one, of any race.
That's laughable. Your candidate has been playing on fear, racism, xenophobia and misogyny ever since he came down the escalator 16 months ago and announced his candidacy.

Interesting. Not the findings mind you, just the lack of details. I notice they used seven hashtags to associate with Trump followers and only six for Hillary? <snip> Nice try.
Tom
Read this Politico article , there's plenty of details.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I'm not trying to "spark anger and hatred", I'm just adding a bit of balance and reason to some of the far right rhetoric espoused here.

Unfortunately, many of you can't tolerate a viewpoint that differs from your own. Pity, I would think you'd get tired of the right wing echo chamber.

Go back and read my posts. I've only got 32 so it shouldn't take you too long. You will see anger and hatred, but it is directed at me, not by me.

That's laughable. Your candidate has been playing on fear, racism, xenophobia and misogyny ever since he came down the escalator 16 months ago and announced his candidacy.

I read that Politico article and it sheds no light whatsoever on the chart you posted? It did however link to another Politico article which delved into their own studies which I will paste below.

Among white nationalists, #TCOT (or top conservatives on Twitter) received 6,690 mentions. More explicit hashtags backing Trump's campaign follow on the white nationalist list, with 4,310 instances of #Trump2016 in the dataset of 25,406 accounts analyzed. The hashtag #MakeAmericaGreatAgain came next with 2,069 in the dataset, followed by 1,742 for #AntiWhite, 1,648 for #CruzSexScandal, 1,615 for #PJNet, 1,501 for #AltRight and 1,366 for #Cuckservative.
The Nazi dataset, while smaller, found similar results, with 4,858 references to #TCOT, 3,212 to #Trump2016, 2,004 to #Trump, 1,460 for #PJNet, 1,421 for #DivineMercySunday, 1,412 for #MakeAmericaGreatAgain, 1,155 for #StopIslam, 1,140 for #BlackLivesMatter and 1,126 for #WPWW (or White Pride Worldwide).

Read more: Study: Trump-related hashtags dominate white nationalist, Nazi Twitter - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

The article you linked is actually enlightening. It spends almost all of it's time explaining how all of the hate groups despised Donald Trump, in one way or another, prior to coalescing around his stance on the border and then again with his stance on restricting refugees from predominantly Muslim countries. In true Politico fashion it completely and intentionally misrepresented Trumps stance on BOTH issues.

Look, I am no fan of Donald Trump as I have expressed here on MANY occasions. However he IS the best of the candidates that stand a chance of winning. I do wonder why nobody did a similar survey of Hillary Clinton supporters and her support from the hate groups Black Lives Matter, The New Black Panthers, NCLR, Southern poverty law center etc.

Hells bells, if you want a reality check attempt to Google "Liberal hate groups". Apparently they do not exist! Too funny!!!

Tom

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

Well what's your response to the Democrats KKK organization? They started it but you call us Republicans racist. That title belongs most assuredly on you.

And as far as the "I have only 32 posts" comment goes, ....are you calling me an idiot????

We know who you are Elmer.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Someone here made the statement that in just 3 days we can all go back to being friends. How insightful is this statement?

No matter what the outcome of this election is we can all be sure there will be close to 50% of the people in this nation who are very unhappy with the results. If Trump wins then Elmer and others will be disappointed and I will be elated. If Hillary wins then I will be disappointed and Elmer will be elated. Political views on this forum are no different from the views we have in our daily lives. We each get to chose what we believe and what we disbelieve. I will never believe what Elmer and others believe and I don't expect them to believe as I and others believe. Being friends is a very lose term tossed around when we are talking with a bunch of keyboard wizards that have no face. The results of this election will change nothing with our attitudes towards one another.

I can't stand the thought of this country electing a liar and criminal to our highest office. I can't stomach the thought of our leader being embroiled in scandals and court battles when there is so much work to be done. I can't just stand by while good and honest Americans go to prison and have their lives and careers destroyed for a mere fraction of what we know the Clinton's are guilty of. Those who can't see this have their heads up their asses and I can't pull them out. Keep in mind that a Presidential Pardon is in fact an admission of guilt and although it does exonerate the guilty party of any legal action it does not make that party innocent. With Clinton in our White House you can be positive the dissension here and throughout or land will continue. The same holds true for a Trump in our White House and half of us will still be at odds with each other. Welcome to our world but thinking that we will all come together on November 9th is a pipe dream.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
post nov 8th, i think it will be a bit less in our face.

i know i philosophically disagree with more than 1/2 on here and yet i have never had a bad ride with anyone and consider many good friends.
difference of opinion is not a bad thing out of hand, but vitriol, narrow-mindedness, and willingness to work together don't suite our country. actions speak louder than words and this is where i have the greatest problem with trump.

last spring before DT actually surged, i remember questioning whether it would be easier for me to support ted cruz, a polar opposite to me, but i believe generally principled and sincere vs the donald who is i think more liberal minded, but is a charlatan that has done serious harm already. now it's not a contest.

i'm sure i would really enjoy seeing your shop gary and picking your brain on all sorts of matters you have demonstrated skill in.

·
Super Moderator
5,312 Posts
Someone here made the statement that in just 3 days we can all go back to being friends. How insightful is this statement?

No matter what the outcome of this election is we can all be sure there will be close to 50% of the people in this nation who are very unhappy with the results. If Trump wins then Elmer and others will be disappointed and I will be elated. If Hillary wins then I will be disappointed and Elmer will be elated. Political views on this forum are no different from the views we have in our daily lives. We each get to chose what we believe and what we disbelieve. I will never believe what Elmer and others believe and I don't expect them to believe as I and others believe. Being friends is a very lose term tossed around when we are talking with a bunch of keyboard wizards that have no face. The results of this election will change nothing with our attitudes towards one another.

I can't stand the thought of this country electing a liar and criminal to our highest office. I can't stomach the thought of our leader being embroiled in scandals and court battles when there is so much work to be done. I can't just stand by while good and honest Americans go to prison and have their lives and careers destroyed for a mere fraction of what we know the Clinton's are guilty of. Those who can't see this have their heads up their asses and I can't pull them out. Keep in mind that a Presidential Pardon is in fact an admission of guilt and although it does exonerate the guilty party of any legal action it does not make that party innocent. With Clinton in our White House you can be positive the dissension here and throughout or land will continue. The same holds true for a Trump in our White House and half of us will still be at odds with each other. Welcome to our world but thinking that we will all come together on November 9th is a pipe dream.

GaryL
Post Brexit, it took a while, but things settled down – until then, I suspect the words “Hey, you live in a democratic republic – suck it up” will be bandied about for a bit ……

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm not saying everyone will think alike, that will make us all borg right? I'm just saying that we can focus on our similarities rather than our differences per usual with a forum devoted to our beloved TW200's and such fairly similar topics. I know I started a political thread a while back and that was purely out of ignorance. but I thought with all of the helpfulness and positive feedback and fair amount of restraint for peoples ignorance toward bike subjects that we could do the same with a political subject.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
come on... if nothing else to mix it up, in honor of today can't we just have a flame war on the merits of daylight savings time?? ;)

1 - 20 of 155 Posts