TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but couldn't find any mention of anyone swapping the outer forks from an older "unimproved" T-Dub with front fork drain plugs for the smooth and "improved" 2012 model. I think I can find a set of forks, or just the outers from an older one. The rest of the parts that fit look to be the same so I just do a swap of parts when I do my oil change and that becomes my last removal for routine service. Anyone?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
No. The fork drains were already history shortly before the disc was added back in '01.

The right fork legs are all the same. An early drum right fork leg with drains will work on a disc front end, but only solves half the problem.

To my knowlege no left leg with caliper mounts AND drains (or even the "ghost" drain bosses) ever existed.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. The fork drains were already history shortly before the disc was added back in '01.

The right fork legs are all the same. An early drum right fork leg with drains will work on a disc front end, but only solves half the problem.

To my knowlege no left leg with caliper mounts AND drains (or even the "ghost" drain bosses) ever existed.

Drat!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts