TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who does this? I've been trying to get a hold of Dennis Armstrong at Circle F but it's obvious he is ignoring me. Anybody know another source? Anybody know the specific measurements so I can find my own machine shop?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brian. If you know of anyone who has done this machine work or anyone else interested in having a shaft done let me know. Maybe we can achieve some group economies.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Here you go Devil,

The picture below illustrates:

Top - Stock TW200 output shaft
Middle - Modified TW200 shaft with new circlip groove and spacer ring
Bottom - Stock XT/TTR225 output shaft

100_5113.JPG

Spacer Ring - Thickness - 0.072"; O.D. - 1.053"; I.D. - Slip fit over 0.863" dia. splines

Circlip Groove Position - 1.037" from end of splines (or match to XT/TTR225 shaft); Width - 0.055" (or match to XT/TTR225 shaft); Diameter - 0.805" (or match to XT/TTR225 shaft)

I have at least one TW shaft that I plan to get modified as shown above.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you going to have yours done? Having this one off machining done is a killer price wise. TWilight tells me that set up is 73.14159265359 % of the cost. Perhaps we could coordinate. I'm in no big hurry. Still looking for an XT225 donor and it would make a good winter project. Also I think the market for donor bikes will thaw come fall. There are few great deals out there but you got to be quick and have faith that it is what they say it is.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Talked to Dennis a little over a week ago. My output shaft is done waiting to be shipped. He told me that his main customer doubled their order and one of his employees left.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If it's not a trade secret could one of you guys PM me the price on the machine work? I'm not tearing my TW apart until this winter and am a bit curious how much will need to be set aside for getting the shaft done. :)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trikstir:

I would prefer to have mine done by someone who's been over this bridge before. Experience and the knowledge they hold is worth a lot when compared to someone green doing it for the first time. I'm a patient guy but would like to know I have source. I would also like to see the answer to Hidebound's question as well so I can allocate appropriately. I was thinking I would order a brand new shaft and right bearing. Have the shaft sent directly to the machine shop and then they could finish it and ship it to me saving a little bit in shipping.

Hidebound & TW-Brian:

If we could coordinate perhaps we could see a little economy or if nothing else make it easier/more lucrative for Dennis.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think it was $108 with return shipping. I sent it in a USPS 'if it fits it ships box ($8).

·
Registered
296 Posts
Let me see what my guy is gonna charge. I got my triples bored +3mm for $40, which is dirt cheap. I might be able to help him make some extra money and save you guys some.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello? Is there any consensus here? Is there anyone else interested in having flyhunter3285's guy do this?

·
Registered
394 Posts
If you're all ready to go, don't wait on my behalf. My little one isn't getting taken apart until late October/ early November after the last organized ride of the season :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have an extra tw countershaft for modification if someone wants it...It is still in the motor so I have not inspected it but assuming it is in good shape...$75 shipped. I think I have another TTR225 6speed transmission as well. This is the wide ratio version. I should also have the shift drum and forks etc if anyone is interested...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts