TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night I was watching the news and there were reports of thieves in my area that were using the extreme thunderstorms to fool homeowners into ignoring their alarm systems, it seems these alarms can go off by mistake and the thieves are capitalizing on it. I didn't think much more of it until after, being awakened from a deep sleep by my garage alarm. My garage is detached, full of tools and toys, including my beloved TW. The alarm is a motion sensor, so my first thoughts were maybe something fell off the bench and the motion sensor went off. But I could not go back to sleep, so I headed out to the back. I heard some noise in the alley and snuck up to the fence to have a look and to my surprise my garage door was open . Down the lane, there was an idling truck parked out in front of the garage three houses down from me and it appeared from the noise that some burglers were in that garage. I slipped into my garage to find something solid to swing if I needed it (got no guns, so that's not an option). A quick assessment noted that nothing was really missing, but I spotted a short 2x4 over by the cabinet. As I moved over to grab the 2x4, I hear the truck driving towards my garage and voices coming my way. I dove for cover behind my covered TW, between the wall and cabinet. Just then I spotted something, I froze. I was so outraged that I could not move. The new fifty two tooth rear sprocket on my TW had a cog broken off. It was brand new. So here's the question, should I mail it back to the US where I ordered it , or just buy a new one, as I was thinking about going to a fifty five tooth one anyways? Maybe I'll need a new oring chain, handlebar risers and a clarke tank too? Rejetting might be an option or maybe a new rack? How about a jimbo shield or a new pegs? Such a dilemma.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Last night I was watching the news and there were reports of thieves in my area that were using the extreme thunderstorms to fool homeowners into ignoring their alarm systems – seems these alarms can go off by mistake and the thieves are capitalizing on it. I didn’t think much more of it until after, being awakened from a deep sleep by my garage alarm. My garage is detached, full of tools and toys, including my beloved TW. The alarm is a motion sensor, so my first thoughts were maybe something fell off the bench and the motion sensor went off. But I could not go back to sleep, so I headed out to the back. I heard some noise in the alley and snuck up to the fence to have a look and to my surprise my garage door was open . Down the lane, there was an idling truck parked out in front of the garage three houses down from me and it appeared from the noise that some burglers were in that garage. I slipped into my garage to find something solid to swing if I needed it (got no guns, so that’s not an option). A quick assessment noted that nothing was really missing, but I spotted a short 2x4 over by the cabinet. As I moved over to grab the 2x4, I hear the truck driving towards my garage and voices coming my way. I dove for cover behind my covered TW, between the wall and cabinet. Just then I spotted something, I froze. I was so outraged that I could not move. The new fifty two tooth rear sprocket on my TW had a cog broken off. It was brand new. So here’ s the question, should I mail it back to the US where I ordered it , or just buy a new one, as I was thinking about going to a fifty five tooth one anyways? Maybe I'll need a new oring chain, handlebar risers and a clarke tank too? Rejetting might be an option or maybe a new rack? How about a jimbo shield or a new pegs? Such a dilemma.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Last night I was watching the news and there were reports of thieves in my area that were using the extreme thunderstorms to fool homeowners into ignoring their alarm systems – seems these alarms can go off by mistake and the thieves are capitalizing on it. I didn’t think much more of it until after, being awakened from a deep sleep by my garage alarm. My garage is detached, full of tools and toys, including my beloved TW. The alarm is a motion sensor, so my first thoughts were maybe something fell off the bench and the motion sensor went off. But I could not go back to sleep, so I headed out to the back. I heard some noise in the alley and snuck up to the fence to have a look and to my surprise my garage door was open . Down the lane, there was an idling truck parked out in front of the garage three houses down from me and it appeared from the noise that some burglers were in that garage. I slipped into my garage to find something solid to swing if I needed it (got no guns, so that’s not an option). A quick assessment noted that nothing was really missing, but I spotted a short 2x4 over by the cabinet. As I moved over to grab the 2x4, I hear the truck driving towards my garage and voices coming my way. I dove for cover behind my covered TW, between the wall and cabinet. Just then I spotted something, I froze. I was so outraged that I could not move. The new fifty two tooth rear sprocket on my TW had a cog broken off. It was brand new. So here’ s the question, should I mail it back to the US where I ordered it , or just buy a new one, as I was thinking about going to a fifty five tooth one anyways? Maybe I'll need a new oring chain, handlebar risers and a clarke tank too? Rejetting might be an option or maybe a new rack? How about a jimbo shield or a new pegs? Such a dilemma.

I'm not sure I get the connection in these two stories...The sprocket was broken by the thieves or maybe just because you had a chance to be close to the bike hiding you haoppened to notice the sprocket was broken? If the thieves broke the sprocket, I don't see that as grounds to return it to supplier. On the other hand, if poor workmanship was the cause, yeah, go ahead and ask for a refund or replacement.

Bummer about having theives in the neighborhood. Did you report this to the police?

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truelight, sorry if you didn't get the joke here. I'm poking fun at our obsession with our TW's (me included). So caught up in TW mods, I didn't notice the thieves anymore.... comprende?
Just laugh!

·
Registered
30 Posts
yes these story is funy, but not becos reasen mention.i find it funy that you take the time to rite all these stuff out four no parteculer reasen,other than you got two much time on you hand.

if these were a true storey, tho you mite reconsider too uses a wepon, and just call polices.i get into some trouble four confronting and the shooting a yung man in my werkshop a few yers back and spend lots off dollers and sum jailtime.from now on i not shooted anyone befor i call the polices becos they always name you the bad guy.

fontintown firmarshel,

tenny

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes these story is funy, but not becos reasen mention.i find it funy that you take the time to rite all these stuff out four no parteculer reasen,other than you got two much time on you hand.
Humm, I guess that by this logic most authors and comedians have too much time for no particular reason?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tenny do you have some photos of yourself with your TW in your workshop?

I'd like a signed copy, but can organise that with photoshop if you have the right photos to share.

Your posts are some of the most hilarious, even funnier than the original, but vuldub had me going right up to the sprocket

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Guess I'm not familiar with this author nor his quirky sense of humor. Perhaps he is an "acquired taste" huh?? I didn't get it.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I thought your story was clever, well thought out, well told, and funny.

As for grammar, syntax, punctuation, and spelling I thought it was perfect. To bad others on this forum don't follow your excellent example. Oh, I take that back, most do! Almost all do! Truth be known, there is only one in desperate need of help. Or maybe he is beyond help. We will never know.

The last time I called the policies my insurance man showed up.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I usually catch those partway through...had me right 'till the end.... LOL

Stuff like that is handy for finding problems you didn't know existed. This one was caught in the nick of time:

Dear _____,
I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs are phone rings, but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with "the girls" a lot recently, although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them.." I always try to stay awake to look out for her coming home, but I usually fall asleep. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her.

Around midnight, I decided to hide next to the garage behind my boat so I could get a good view of the whole street when she arrived home from a night out with "the girls". When she got out of the car she was buttoning up her blouse, which was open, and she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on. It was at that moment, crouching behind the boat, that I noticed some hairline cracks in my gelcoat, right where the hull meets the transom of my boat.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take the boat to the shop for repairs?

·
Registered
550 Posts

if these were a true storey, tho you mite reconsider too uses a wepon, and just call polices.i get into some trouble four confronting and the shooting a yung man in my werkshop a few yers back and spend lots off dollers and sum jailtime.from now on i not shooted anyone befor i call the polices becos they always name you the bad guy.

fontintown firmarshel,

tenny
Is this also a joke? Sure n shit I can't tell.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I had forgotten all about it but re read it and was sucked in once again. Hook, line, and sinker! Anyway, getting serious, get a 55 tooth steel sprocket.

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
I usually catch those partway through...had me right 'till the end.... LOL

Stuff like that is handy for finding problems you didn't know existed. This one was caught in the nick of time:

Dear _____,
I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs are phone rings, but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with "the girls" a lot recently, although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them.." I always try to stay awake to look out for her coming home, but I usually fall asleep. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her.

Around midnight, I decided to hide next to the garage behind my boat so I could get a good view of the whole street when she arrived home from a night out with "the girls". When she got out of the car she was buttoning up her blouse, which was open, and she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on. It was at that moment, crouching behind the boat, that I noticed some hairline cracks in my gelcoat, right where the hull meets the transom of my boat.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take the boat to the shop for repairs?
Just buy a new boat from your joint checking and savings account and put it in your brothers name then dump the wife. If she fights you just give her the old boat, they're just Cracks!

GaryL

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
good one, I followed right up to the... mmm... end, as I remembered a trip we made to Edmonton- chuck, and I was stupid enough to park my pickup in the back lane with the front facing out. needless to say, in the morning I had to make a trip to sears for a new diehard before the trip home. I installed an alarm in the truck before I ever crossed the border into alberta again!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts