TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
It's not that I'm a good rider, I just get to ride in good places. :giggle:
Any praise from Ski or Oldworld is because I had given them 50% off the normal guide fee on the promise that they'ld say nice things. I only ate half of Ski's lunch and only tried to drink half of OldWorlds hand crafted scotch.
Helps that I can practice locally most months of year like this old vid. Ski & I got hung up in the rapids right at the top but John sailed right on up. That new rider made us old farts look bad.:cool:

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
Now that I've shared some of my favorite fishing' lakes maybe I should go back, slow down & wet a line.
Remote enough that lakeside primitive camping remains a freedom.
Water Sky Plant Larch Lake

Remote enough that trailers and power boats are a rarity.
Water Sky Boat Plant Water resources

Remote enough that one can occasionally see river otters and beavers. Sorry, have lost a favorite close-up photos of an otter catching & eating trout. Electric kayak is stealthily quite and without the normal loud splashing and waving paddle blades one can sometimes sneak up on critters and observe w/o disturbing them like here at Sawmill Lake.
Cloud Water Sky Plant Mountain

Or maybe just take some more of you folks out for another romp in the woods on some EZ trails. :giggle:
For me the effort getting there just adds value to the scenery. TW does make it easier though.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just got home from a week up at Union Valley Reservoir where we stayed at the SMUD private campground. We were the only ones in the campground, even the host was gone until Thursday.
Fishing was good, caught 2 a day before I retired to the hammock.
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Grille

Son brought the grand kids for the day and Henry got in on the action. So THREE fish on the grill.
Jeans Plant Sky Tree Leaf

Denise baked an apple pie and picked a Columbine/shooting star and wild Rododumdum

Food Blue Tableware Textile Ingredient

Camp site set up with the cook looking to see how many fish she has to clean THIS time! Ha!
Plant Plant community Tree Shade Land lot

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
That looks really nice SkiPro.
So glad you're coming back and enjoying life, family and the outdoors after the cancer and covid.
We all can use a good story such as yours of triumph over adversity.
Henry sure looks like a proud fisherman.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
That looks really nice SkiPro.
So glad you're coming back and enjoying life, family and the outdoors after the cancer and covid.
We all can use a good story such as yours of triumph over adversity.
Henry sure looks like a proud fisherman.
Thanks Fred! Very nice to hear. I'm blessed with my recovering health, friends and family.
Henry's sister, Pearl, also caught a fish on the trip too.
Smile Sky Tree Shorts Happy

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
So Jerry, what next?
Up for something like this later this summer after Admiral's Frosty Hollow 2.0 Adventure?.
Bet we could scare up a few repeat riders. It is one of those "Been There, Done That, Sure Would Like to Do It Again" sort of places. Heck, even Admiral's been there...three times I think. :giggle:

Reactions: Doon and Rider21

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
Sweewtaters has lots of varied riding if you like to get high. :giggle:
Most of the moderately challenging riding is done beginning around 8,000ft like climbing out of this Rock Creek single track. Helps if you're somewhat acclimated to elevations for the higher stuff.
Typically camp around 9,000 ft elevations. Several days riding can be done up on the mountain but longer forays riding up Sonora Pass, or through Marine Mountain Warfare School areas, into Walker or Bridgeport, or to a couple of hot springs also are entertaining.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Great stuff guys, inspiring. I'm once again disappointed I didn't make it out, not even for a day trip, arg.

Thanks for sharing and I hope to join a nor cal ride one of these days soon!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts