TW200 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Something like this simple older Rose Trailerette design could be re-created by Brian. Not exactly new but for sale in scenic Las Cruzes, N.M.
I'ld rather have the haul vehicle

rose.jpg

·
Registered
19,605 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I bet Brian could weld up a killer swiivel plate with clamps for a pair leaf spring halves whose "eyes" hold the bearing assemblies for either side of a single wheel. Or approach VMH Trailers. They seem to have a lighter and mabye more affordable product line. I don't Twitter nor Facebook but check them too for VMH. View attachment 203555
www.manta.com › ... › Auto Sports Utility Trailers Etc
VMH Trailers Wildomar CA, 92595 – Manta.com
I bet Brian could weld up a killer swiivel plate with clamps for a pair leaf spring halves whose "eyes" hold the bearing assemblies for either side of a single wheel. Or approach VMH Trailers. They seem to have a lighter and mabye more affordable product line. I don't Twitter nor Facebook but check them too for VMH. View attachment 203555
www.manta.com › ... › Auto Sports Utility Trailers Etc
VMH Trailers Wildomar CA, 92595 – Manta.com
Fred,

I am not sure that I share your confidence in my welding skills, especially for transporting a motorcycle on public roads at highway speeds. That is why I was looking for an off-the-shelf solution for the wheel or wheels.

I picked up this free Yamaha 350 quad carcass yesterday thinking that I might be able to use the rear wheels/axle somehow.

IMG_2971[1].JPG
IMG_2966[2].JPG
IMG_2967[1].JPG

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve been a wannabe for years. Every time I get close something stops me.
I’m currently a full time RVer. With a 5th wheel. I’m trying to see if I load a TW in the pick up bed sideways up against the cab if I’ll still have clearance for the trailer?
I need to know the overall length and width with the handlebars turned all the way to the left.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Install a receiver on the rear of the 5th wheeler and put the bike on it there. Works well enough to go to Alaska, across Canada and back. A 5 inch by 5 inch by 3/8 inch wall tube was welded onto the frame cost $800, Versa Haul carrier $500, used ss shackles, chains and ratcheting chain binders for security

·
Registered
214 Posts
Why not put it behind the cab on top of the bed rails with the handle bars above the roof line and a 8 inch channel to ride up onto and secure it with straps to that?
Much like the versa haul, only mounted to the top of the truck bed.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts