·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I used to like that show...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW...that's a blast from the past..love the show back in the day would run home from school just catch it...you guys are the best ...love this forum from top to bottom....... GOD is GREAT ....BEER is GOOD.... PEOPLE are CRAZY. by the way PADILEN your PM is full...

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
You're showing your age bro... most folks around here don't even know what you are talking about...ha ha

I use to love it also unless out TV was rolling. Damn tubes lol. How many of you guys took the tubes to the drug store and tested and replaced them?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Congrats DA, 1000 posts. :p

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
That would have been still valuable to collectors of old TV and radio equipment who want to restore them. You mighta/ coulda made a few bucks. But, o well...

I gave one away two years ago with a bunch of boxes of new tubes.

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
I have missed Padilen's posts, she seems like not only a good and generous Forum Member but an interesting lady too. Glad she is back, I still have the keychains she sent to me and to many others also.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I miss her as well. How about posting up once in a while Padilen?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I only had contact with her once in a post where folks were talking about the bad things people were doing in the world. Qwerty had not been any part of the conversation; but after she mentioned about sometimes preferring animals (probably her dogs) to the human race - Qwerty jumped in with something to the effect of "if you're so much against the human race; I'll be happy to supply you with the means to kill yourself so that there will be one less human on the planet". Obviously irked me and I wrote to console her (not that she necessarily needed any). Just don't like to see the wolves trying to get away with something without at least trying to save or at least sooth the victim (if it might be needed).

A lot of you seemed to have been in contact with her over time, so that seemed good. She had not posted on here for quite a while but someone said they saw her on another site. Last month I saw that she was on here, so I asked if she was well. She wrote back stating (and I hope she won't mind me repeating it, since we were not close - but she told me) that she was just recovering from some surgery regarding her heart. I have been lax in responding back because I keep forgetting to stop at the hospital to see if they have a t-shirt or mug or such relating to being a member of the "zipper club" as she described it after which I would have asked one of a couple of you that I know have it, for her mailing address.

I would have guessed that those who know her better may have kept in touch - but if not maybe a deluge of support from this forum might be nice for her to get. The other day I got a strange PM from her that nothing really opened up in it or my E-mail. Remember that she only seemed to have limited contact through her phone but I don't believe a computer. That may be why any messages are not getting through. j

1 - 20 of 25 Posts