TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Went to dinner and noticed I had a bit of back pain, just a smidge mind you. I had gone to the gym for an hour. Got home took a shower went to the Eagles for a steak dinner.

Was finished up and chatting with friends and it started. Lower bowel on right side I thought thinking oh no, three years since colon cancer, what is going on. Went to the can, no help, went home, pain really setting in. Tossed my dinner into the porcelain throne and tried to get warm in bed. All doubled up and thought, it has to be a kidney stone.

The wife was out and I gave her a call and to the E room we went. Sure enough, blood in the urine, kidney stone. Thing is, it is not round, it is long and about 4mm in dia. Hopefully it will get turned just right when I relieve myself to flush it. May take a while or have them go up and snatch it.

Back home now with some very large pills for pain. Hopefully it will pass soon.

Registered
My deepest sympathy Randall. I pray it passes quickly with as little pain as possible. God speed my friend.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Registered
Been there, done that, yes it smarts! They went in after mine through my digeree doo with a camera crew and a jack hammer. When that didn't work they sent in a back hoe and it had a grapple on the end that got a hold of the rock and backed out with it. They had given me a shot bin the spine so that everything below my navel disappeared. That way I didn't feel it, and got to watch them work on TV.
Later in recovery when the spinal shot wore off the real pain began. I was in the hospital for 3 days. Later on I pissed out another that was only as big as a .22 bullet. That took my breath away for a bit.
Kidney stones are highly recommended for masochists.

Registered
BTW, What is really annoying is to be passing a stone and run out of urine when it is half way down your digeree doo and you can't get it out until you build some more urine.
Drink as much cranberry as you can and when you think you have enough liquid, pinch the end shut while trying to pee.
This should cause it to inflate a bit, then let go and the rock should move. YEEEEEOOOWW!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Thank all you folks for the well wishes. I am back on track. Only thing that bothers me is that it is an elongated stone. Might take a while for it to get lined up just right to send it on it's way. At least the pain is way down.

I will be going to Twilight's maintenance gig. And yes, cranberry seems to be on my list of drinks now.

Thanks again for your concerns. What a group of wonderful folks.

Registered
Add some Vodka, and you have the basics for a Cosmopolitan. Back in my bartending days, a customer wanted one, and I didn't know how to make it. I called it a "cosmof%#kingpolitan". Doesn't sound as funny now as it did back then. lol

Registered
Ow! My heart and prayers out to you Plumbstraight. Good friend once had multiple reocurring
stones. She said much worse than childbirth, an she had two children. She thought the "sonic cannon"
to be a gift from god. Plus side being such things do tend to "pass" leaving you capable of action.
Maybe fill your hydration pack with cranberry juice and ride anyway? Shake that thing up a mite.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Like some have mentioned cranberry juice, I am a true believer. Never had one when I did get on a regular helping of it. Been a while as I forgot why I was taking it, I just got a reminder in a very negative way. You can bet I will start having it in the fridge again in half gallons with spares. It does make a difference, not only for kidney stones, but the entire urinary tract.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts