TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, like many I've started customizing my TW and I thought I'd share my first try in painting the tank.
I gotta be honest that I initially thought about installing a cg125 tank on the bike, but then looking at my Tw tank I thought it looks pretty badass already and it just needed some black, I'm still halfway through as I have to varnish and stick the logos on the sides, but for a first time try I'm quite happy at how is going 馃挭

Registered
That looks really nice. The texture - is it bedliner?

Registered
I like the crackle black effect texture on tank ,the pin stripping for me is to much , but customisation is a personal thing .
I鈥檓 interested to see finished item though.
For a first attempt in painting / pin striping as you say it is well executed (y)

Registered
Make sure you use a gas resistant clear like Spraymax 2K so you don't ruin that fantastic pain job.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure you use a gas resistant clear like Spraymax 2K so you don't ruin that fantastic pain job.
Thank you very much for letting me know, I wasn't aware I needed a different lacquer,I was just going to spray normal lacquer

Registered
Lookin' good. Post pics with it on bike when appropriate.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the crackle black effect texture on tank ,the pin stripping for me is to much , but customisation is a personal thing .
I鈥檓 interested to see finished item though.
For a first attempt in painting / pin striping as you say it is well executed (y)
Thank you very much :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts