TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No time wasted shifting gears during hard acceleration; 0-218 mph without ever pulling a clutch or even dabbing at a quick shifter.

No waiting for revs to build to make power.

200 WHEEL horsepower (for reference - for those of you who don't know - the current ICE-powered production motorcycle king, the S1000RR, puts 185 horsepower to the wheel).

~170 foot pounds.

The beginning of the end of the golden age of the internal combustion engine?

I've always been a little skeptical of these sorts of things (brilliant electric motor-powered game changers), but this and the Tesla Model S P85D (AWD, 762 horsepower) are pretty convincing arguments in favor of such.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Let's remember the Kawi H2 and H2R. But I do get your point. :)

When these things have enough of a range, they'll be awesome. I do like the Zero brand electric bikes quite a bit. I had done the math and back when I worked for the State, I could have ridden one to and from work every day for a week before having to recharge it.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
I've always been a little skeptical of these sorts of things (brilliant electric motor-powered game changers), but this and the Tesla Model S P85D (AWD, 762 horsepower) are pretty convincing arguments in favor of such.
This bike was featured on Jay Leno's Garage [and On Any Given Sunday 2 also when it set the record at Pike's Peak] and the CEO was saying that they tried to get with Tesla so they could put the same charging ports that the Model S has so you would only need one cable to charge both if you had them, but Tesla told them to go eat a bag of dicks, so they had to make their own.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's remember the Kawi H2 and H2R. But I do get your point. :)

When these things have enough of a range, they'll be awesome. I do like the Zero brand electric bikes quite a bit. I had done the math and back when I worked for the State, I could have ridden one to and from work every day for a week before having to recharge it.
Well yea, the H2R might beat it (would make an interesting comparison). However, the R isn't street legal, and I have no doubt the 218 would easily best the regular H2.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts