TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope one of you can save me some search time. Looking for new fork accordion boots in blue for a 1989 TW. Anyone ever found these and can provide a link?

Thanks

GaryL

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Someone asked that question last week but for black. I switched to black and they fit perfectly. $6.00 for the pair I thought it was worth it. Good links were on the last post.

·
Registered
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are what I used, a bit long, but the next size down is too short. Quality seems good and they look cool to boot!
Daystar Fork Boots - Motorcycle Superstore
Thanks MW and others. I did see the daystar ones but was unsure of the fit. Our upper tubes are 33 MM and the lower is 52 MM or 2 1/16" and we need about 9 inches of travel. Datstar says fits 30-40 MM upper and 2-21/2" lower. Sounds right but are they stretch type rubber or will I have them bunched up under the clamps?

Yes JB, Rocky Mountain must be on a High thinking they will sell any at $65 each.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Check out the "looking for fork boots" thread for more options. That is the one I was referring too. Mine fit the TW perfect. I did have to stretch to install the lower section but they look great.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I looked at the picture of the black boots in the above mentioned post, they appear to be very similar in length to the Daystars. They do not bunch up on the tubes at all, just a tad long, so the accordian section is compressed a bit on the bottom at normal ride height.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts