TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I looked at that POS and it appears it sat in salt water for a long time. I can't see a single part on it worth the opening bid of $80.

GaryL

Reactions: 66roadkill66

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
I think it would be worth the gamble. There is a kick start on the engine and it is probably good. Looks like the carb is there too though no doubt needs cleaning. Those two things are worth 80 bucks.

Some, if not all, of the plastic have to be good. Seat pan? wheels? Forks? Other parts would probably clean up and be OK too. If it were close by I would get it. Eighty bucks is just to cheap to pass up, but I would not go over $80.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
It's also on Nantucket Island. Pick up only. That means $45 round trip ferry, plus the bike on the way back. PITA even if you're close.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
i'm probably the closest one to that bike...i would have to pay to bring a pickup truck roundtrip on the slow ferry which is around $140 plus the per person fee i think...if that wasn't on the island i would def pick it up

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I looked at that POS and it appears it sat in salt water for a long time. GaryL
Well, lets see now, I think I feel a conspiracy theory coming on. Nantucket is real close to Chappaquiddick. Maybe Ted Kennedy had a TW back in the day and took a chick for a late night ride and ended up walking back home. Move forward to a lobster fisherman who snags something in his trap and puts it on ebay...no title, no numbers, no birth certificate....just sayin':rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Nantucket? Let the seller bring it with him on a trip to the mainland otherwise forget it big time. The ferry ride makes it not worth it.

I had a friend that lived on Martha's Vineyard and she told me the Chappaquiddick bridge is gone and everything around that area that suggested a bridge or road was there is also gone. Also the police reports for that time have no report of an accident or death occurring. You are dealing with some powerful people that can do that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts