TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first tw200, awesome, everybody in the family rides it, 1990. getting ready to do maintenance on it! I know I can get a part number at the shop, but has anyone put together a maintenance parts list of cross ref numbers for spark plug and oil filters and other maintenance parts, what grade oil is the best.

ill search later for any easy performance upgrades, don't need to much out of it but if something is easy and helps the bike perform better id like to hear it.

thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,991 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello ,welcome to the forum. One of the good things about the TW200 is easy maintenance. The oil filter and oil strainer can be cleaned and reused. One can do a oil change in under 5 minutes (maybe not the first time) just make sure to use motorcycle oil there is a lot to choose from I use Mobil 1 syn. Spark plugs (NGK DR8EA) last a very long time. I got 12,000 miles out of my first spark plug and it was still good (I just changed it out of guilt) One of the things you want to check is the valve adjustment there is a very good video on this site from one of our members. Lube the drive chain about every 300 miles( depending on whether conditions) and you are ready to go.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Make sure you get oil suitable for wet clutch. Also, use a good fitting six sided socket on the oil drain plug as it’s not uncommon for them to be hard to remove.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Delaware.Everything previous members reply is great advise. I love and purchase from Procycle Good people

1 - 8 of 8 Posts