TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Congrats!
I had to learn the hard way...long before California invented motorcycle endorsements.
It was a painful experience.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congratulations! That's pretty cool...you don't get a patch in Rhode Island. :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Congrats and have fun out there. My wife loves our blue tooth intercoms. We can talk to each other on our bikes while we ride. It's a great safety tool besides making the riding enjoyable. We can point out situations to each other and what we are going to do, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats and have fun out there. My wife loves our blue tooth intercoms. We can talk to each other on our bikes while we ride. It's a great safety tool besides making the riding enjoyable. We can point out situations to each other and what we are going to do, etc.
Thanks! Yeah, we've been taking about getting coms. for rides together, it seems like it would also just be nice to be able to chat a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations, I too learned on the TW off road before I knew about safety courses and they weren't required. I figured dirt was softer than concrete. The courses I am sure have saved many a great pain.
The class was super helpful. And, even though it was geared more towards street riding, I learned a great deal that will be helpful both on and off road. I do plan on riding 90% off road, (because yeah, I agree dirt is softer than concrete), but we have to drive through the city to get to the dirt roads, so this will certainly help with that.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Lol I left out what woman doesn't like to talk?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Congrats. I still remember the joy of passing my STAR class in Idaho as an 18 year old. Funny how every state comes up with a different acronym for their motorcycle safety class.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
When I was getting a new license when I moved to Colorado, the guy saw I had a helmet with me and asked if I wanted to put a motorcycle endorsement on there. I said yes and he then asked had I taken the class. I looked at him for a second and then said "yes?", and now my license has an 'm' on it. No paperwork or proof of any kind provided, just the push of a button and now I have a motorcycle license.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I was getting a new license when I moved to Colorado, the guy saw I had a helmet with me and asked if I wanted to put a motorcycle endorsement on there. I said yes and he then asked had I taken the class. I looked at him for a second and then said "yes?", and now my license has an 'm' on it. No paperwork or proof of any kind provided, just the push of a button and now I have a motorcycle license.
Haha! Darn, maybe I should have tried that! How long ago was this? But... the class was very helpful, we even had a couple of guys in there who had been riding (without) endorsements for 20+ years who said they learned a lot.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Congratulations. Now go out and buy for yourself a good armored jacket, full face helmet, gloves, proper boots, ? riding pants, then you can think of accessorizing and customizing your bike. Safety first. Read, continue to educate yourself. And practice, practice, practice. Getting good at it and knowing what you are doing adds greatly to the fun.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congratulations. Now go out and buy for yourself a good armored jacket, full face helmet, gloves, proper boots, ? riding pants, then you can think of accessorizing and customizing your bike. Safety first. Read, continue to educate yourself. And practice, practice, practice. Getting good at it and knowing what you are doing adds greatly to the fun.
Thanks! We (hubby and me), completely agree. In fact we got all my protection before I took the class. I have everything, full face helmet, goggles, upper body armor, jacket, pants with hip pads, motocross boots, knee/ shin pads, and gloves with armored knuckles and sides.
I don't care how ridiculous I look, I don't want to get hurt!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts