TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my temporary mount. Working out comfortable position for the wife. Any ideas on how to make, buy, or modify something to get this thing mounted. Or any totally new ideas on a backrest. We do 80% dirt roads and 20% pavement. 20191006_103805_1570373896801.jpg 20191006_103813_1570373953059.jpg

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something to think about. If your off-roading you don't want a backrest to keep you from ejecting. If it was me I'd strap a sleeping bag or a soft tail bag on the rack.
Yeah we do the Pack-a-bag-full-of-stuff thing. That is fine for when we take day trips. I was looking for something for when we just-go-out-to-eat or ride for no reason. I would like to have it easily removable. They make all kinds of stuff for Harleys and BMWs. Too expensive and too many modifications so far on what I've seen. I saw a picture some where of a TW with a bag/box that had a backrest on it. It looked so good. Like it was a factory option for the TW. I just could not make out what it was or any name on it.

If she needs a back support then maybe she's not gripping you tight enough. lol
That's what I keep telling her!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting use of a RAM mount.....:D

Myself, I've always used a CIVI-type case for her back rest...and we can put a few things in there too, like a backpack...rescue kit...bottle of wine...
Ram mount was for some type of computer stuff. Works just good enough to get an idea of where she wants the cushion. Very much pressure and it moves tho. I have googled CIVI-type case....got nothin'. What is a CIVI case?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update.
Got the final product. After reading the responses on here, I decided not to make this a solid mount. It really needs to be able to move/fold out of the way as much as possible. Just in-case we decide to get off the hard way. I stuck with my original design and used Harley's philosophy: If it breaks, make it bigger until it quits breaking. Lol. Mine didn't break but it wasn't strong enough. I got a ram mount with a 2.25" ball. Cut the flat metal bracket down that the pad mounts to and went with it. It works fantastic! My wife is able to lean back and enjoy riding even more now. It will support normal weight put on it. It will move if you put more than normal pressure on it.

It takes up a little space on the cyclerack. Since I rotated the hump down "like it should have been made" that is no problem.
backrest1.jpg backrest2.jpg
backrest3.jpg backrest4.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts