TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Admiral, I took the Roto Pax off after Moab and added a milk crate for running into town for supplies in the Florida Keys. The dog did not go in the milk crate as Georgie does for two reasons. First is that he is too big, second is that I could not get him out of the water. He has chased a lot of animals in his day but jumping in and chasing barracuda is a first. One day he was swimming for 4 hours. The first trip to town was for a 12 pack of Corona and 2 bags of ice, no problem.

The next trip was an 18 pack of Corona and 2 bags of ice.

The next was 2 bags of laundry. There is no picture, I was taught not to air my dirty laundry in public.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
ahhhhh...barracuda bite back. :eek:

Reactions: TWilight

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
That's a great pic. I know you knew about barracuda's. But you know they can be pretty vicious.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right, but in the Keys food is so abundant for these predators that they don't have to look outside of their usual menu. Fish are so abundant that an easy meal is always closely. That is why they don't have a problem with Bull Sharks even though there are plenty of them around. When we were out snorkeling on the reef, my Daughter is worried about them, but locals will tell you it is a very rare phenomenon when someone is bitten. That being said, a Bull Shark ate a Yorkshire Terrier swimming in the water at Islamorada Fish Company. This is where we go by boat to get fish sandwiches and frozen drinks. I am careful to not let Teddy swim there.

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Great stuff! You guys are having way too much fun.

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Cudas are a scary fish. Years ago while on spring brake in Ft. Lauderdale I was snorkeling on the beach with thousands of swimmers. I watched 2 Baracudas close to 4 feet long and just 30 feet from a girls swimming with an ankle bracelet that was glittering and they were tuned right in on it. All the while when we lived in Florida I had to keep my dog out of the water because of alligators. Like your dog, mine wanted to be in the water all the time but the gators were everywhere and not to be trusted.

I ride my 45 pound dog in a crate on the cyclerack with no issues at all but going with a much heavier dog might be a bit tricky. I did change to the 19Kg Pro Cycle rear spring but even then the front end was a bit light and I had to sit way forward at times to keep it grounded.

Great Pics Jim.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Thanks to Admiral, I took the Roto Pax off after Moab and added a milk crate for running into town for supplies in the Florida Keys.
I there anyplace you and the TW haven't been?:D

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
There are way too many places that I have not seen yet. We need to get together with Gary and Dave again, that was a great time. I look forward to riding with you guys again.
That was a good time!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts