TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a shock cold and wet today. BUT NOT THIS WEEKEND YOU PILE DRIVERS. As I have been breaking in a new bike I left it home today and got on Baby Bear. No shock just another fun ride to work. Anyway with Sunday going to be 85 I think ice cold beer and a meetup is in order. So here ya go. Anyone who cares here are the options. Food Booze and Patio Shuffleboad at a liitle place corner of NE Williams and Skidmore. Shirleys Tippy Canoe in Troutdale, outdoors seating next to the Sandy River. Lardo's, there are a couple places to choose from. Or Krugers Farm Market on Lombard in St. Johns. Outdoor seating cold beer and good food carts. Open to other ideas. Anyway Sunday 4/17 or 4/24 First round on me. Any takers ? All good if nobody bites. I'LL BE DOING SOMETHING EVEN IF ITS WRONG.:sunny:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Walk, crawl, car, truck, peddle, paddle, big bike, little bike, thumb it. All the same as long as you're there. Nothing but respect for anyone who rides and it doesn't matter to me what you ride. Will catch up with this latter tonight and see where it's going. Next weekend or any weekend Soon, is going to work. I can work on tweeting my new ride NC700X this weekend or do the meet up

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Frontpage! - Shirley's Tippy Canoe

This is a first of hopefully many meet ups to follow. Any weekend will work. We can kick it off this weekend or work it for next weekend to let all get ducks in a row. I think for me it just depends on what I get done on Saturday on what bike I take. If I get my bars adjusted on my NC700 I'll try and power out a ride Saturday to work it into first oil change. Then Sunday give it a little workout. Or I'll be on Baby Bear TW. Any way it goes I'm sure to be doing something on Sunday EVEN IF IT'S WRONG. Any takers any weekend, y'all just shout it out, Name a place and time and see what develops.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a job on Saturday morning but I think I'll be wide open all saturday afternoon and Sunday. Dad and I could both ride TW's. Btw has anyone heard any alley sweeper rumors lately?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:eek:ccasion14:Yo, how's it looking for the 17th or 24th I'm thinking 1:00 at tippy. Either one works for me. I'm going out on a parts\ride run and may not check back till late afternoon to early eve. Promise to be lot's of fights and lot's sex. But it's just going to be you and me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well I was in Gresham today but could go back to the metro area tomorrow if needed. The 24th is out. I am going to China Hat that weekend. I am not racing this year but all the rest of the Mexico gang will be there and racing. Just going to hang out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to roll up their today be in 100. Understand this is all short notice and like I said this will be the first of more to come for PDX and beyond. Will have to start one for The PNW. You Storm Troopers from the North want to roll with next weekend I'm all good with that as well. If I can get the issue fixed on the @&%$#@& Suspension on my new NC700 I plan to roll your direction on your upcoming Washington TW event. Or just Iron Butt it up on the DR. Im the jack ass with the yellow vest and small camo back pack today going up on the @&%$#@ NC 700 today. Cheers

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey all, keep this thing alive for anyone who wants to do a meet up. I may post another for the weekend but I may have to run off for an overdue camping trip. Thanks for the info TWilight. Also getting good info off the NC700 forum. As a side note I may not call it at the Tippy Canoe again, just seemed that they didnt really have it together for the outside seating. Just dont think they were ready for it. And they lost power for a bit. That had to suck. Glad I didnt plan on eating. And I really was not in the mood for the saxophone player. If I plan on doing the camp out on the TW will post it on the PDX meetup. I could however do a meetup any time M-F say 5 ish if anyone wants to tag up at the Krugers Farm Market in St. Johns on Lombard, Good Micro Beer and food carts, outside seating.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going bat shit crazy waiting for Amazon to show up with my hitch carrier. Trying to decide if I’m packing for an overnight camp or just a Sunday romp up around Estacada. Will post up and see if anyone wants to meet up for the Sunday ride if I go. Just wanted to toss it out and see if anyone my be interested.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the carrier home and put together. Really happy with the quality. The only problem is IT CAME WITHOUT THE RAMP. What the hell. So on hold for takeoff. Let my buddy use my ramp I use for the truck thinking I would be good to go. BUUUUT NNNOOOOOO. Contacting Amazon should all work out but will see. My not be taking off this weekend as planned. Absolutely perfect weather this weekend, this sucks. Think I’ll go to work on getting the DR650 ready for winter commuting this weekend. I’m always on the fence on keep it or sell it after I haven’t had it out for awhile. That is until I get back on it. Most fun bike I have other than on long rides. Pro Cycle to the rescue, new seat, Clark tank, large pegs. $$$$$$. Crap, And all because of one missing part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts