·
Registered
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Peace Creek Trail Ride-The Wet Way

For Ride Report See Below

Open invite.

Who: So far me and #2 son on his KTM 450 EXC

What: Single track trail ride - Peace Creek - Habit Creek. Time permitting, take FS roads to Silver Creek Lookout

Where: Trailhead is approximately 23 miles north of Crouch, ID on FS road 671. Trail generally runs East to Habit Creek trail on over the ridge to Deadwood Reservoir. Lunch @ Deadwood.

When: Not set in stone yet, weather dependant (68 F no rain), next Tuesday 24 Sep. Wed temp suppose to be 61 and 30% rain, yuck!

Why: Cause it's fun and I don't think this trail is bad enought to launch me over the edge resulting in a mangled, firery heap down the moutainside, whereby causing great bodily harm.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
sounds like a good time to be had by all. can't wait for your write up :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Count me in. My Shoulder is mostly healed and I am ready for an adventure. I have explored the country you refer to. It is out in the middle of it all and will be full of Fall color by then.

Ron in Boise

·
Registered
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glade you can come Ron, been a long time. Still working "time to link up" issues. My boys don't return my calls/texts is a very timely manner.

Tentatively, I'm planning on leaving my house around 0730-0800 and arriving at the Peace Creek trailhead around 1000 ish. Of course all this will change when I hear from my boy's. I'll get ya posted.

·
Registered
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Wet Way to Ride Peace Creek

Well, we basically got rained out. Weather forecast was for scattered shower. On this day at this location...scattered showers my butt!

...But we donned the improvised garbage bag liners and headed out for 45 minutes or so. Only thing I can tell you, WE WILL BE BACK. Some day!

Sky looked like this

Ground looked like this

We looked like this

and this

I looked like this

the trail looked like this

and this

ran into this

on the way to this (the middle one)

and after a "too short for us ride" had to do this

goodbye for now, we'll be back

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Man, you guys are hard core! That reminds me of TinyWheels' Alaska video, looks cold! I'm glad you were able to get some riding in, time spent with your sons is always worthwhile. Thanks for the pics and video, they were very enjoyable.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the report! It may have been rainy, but that mist on mountains sure is pretty! Idaho looks awesome. Reminds me, my buddy used to call it Udapimp. Haha.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
I had to put on a sweat shirt to finish watching the video!

But then I got to thinking, with the right gear that looks like it could be a really fun day. No dust, the place to yourselves, and it looks like a really neat place to explore and ride. I kinda wish I had been there. Sort of......a ride to remember for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts