TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edit 9/27/11: My portion of the ride report is done.

Offical Invitation for all Treasure Valley (or someone who'll be in the area) TW riders. Other riders welcome too.

The unoffical Treasure Valley TW200 Owners Club (Truelight and me/Georgie) are planning a ride on Monday, September 26, 2011. Time TBD. We are planning a ride out of Eagle, ID, on backroads north towards the Pearl, ID area, which use to be a mining community, turned ghost town, turned to you barley tell your there now, splor'in the area.

I'll be ginning up a route, and hopefully can post some details tomorrow here.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Who: Whoever shows up

What: Pearl Ride

When: 0900 (9:00 a.m.) Monday 26 Sep 11

Where: Eagle Albertsons parking lot (NE Corner of Eagle Rd, Hwy44)

Forcast: Sunny Hi 73. Warm cloths recommended due to start time.

Proposed route: Approximately 66 miles

Eagle N. to Pearl

Pearl E. to Hwy 55/Old Horseshoe Bend Grade

Old HSB Grade N. to Horsehoe Bend

HSB W. to Emmett on old Emmett Rd.

thru Emmett S. to Sand Hollow Rd.

Sand Hollow Rd S. back to Eagle

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Nice job of planning as usual! Looking forward to a fun ride with much cooler temps than we have been having. I hope we'll get some others to join us. See ya at 09:00 on Monday.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Had a great ride from Eagle, Idaho to Pearl, Horseshoe Bend, Emmette, and back to Eagle with Admiral and Georgie (his four-legged canine riding partner) today. I'm sure he will post a very thorough as usual ride report complete with video as he gets time.

You may have read that he decided to paint his bike this past winter. I thought you'd like to see the result. That's my TW in the background. I wasn't sure about the brown and white paint scheme on his bike though. Whatja think?

Here are a few other pics I took on the ride...

OK... here he really is, documenting the ride with his helmet cam (which works very well!). I wish I had a mount for my video cam so you could see how Georgie rides. Amazing little rider...! Probably better than me

There's not much left of the old mining town of Pearl, but you can still see this entrance to part of the mine just off the road...

We stopped for a look at this old railroad bridge over the Payette River (built in 1912) just outside of Horseshoe Bend, ID.

More in another post...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Using my Spot Device to send periodic "I'm OK" messages (which plots the GPS location with the message) and uploading that data to The Spot Adventures page and then also uploading the photos taken with my Sony DSC-HX5v camera (which also embeds GPS data with the photos to show where they were taken) gives the results you'll see at this link. Most the the photos I took were around Horseshoe Bend, so zoom into that portion of the map to see the bigger group of shots.

An upgrade to the Spot would upload GPS coordinates to the map every 15-minutes automatically, making more of a "breadcrumb trail." I haven't sprung for that yet, though it looks like it could be fun.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Nice R/R!! Sure wish you guys lived a little bit closer . . . . one of these days.

Thanks for the report and pics.

Bag

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Video first.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzHtwOVpquM[/media]

Few more photo's.

Truelight at the mine entrance near Pearl.

Truelight on the train bridge near Horseshoe Bend.

Georgie on the bridge.

Couple more bridge photo's

TW's grazing with the cattle

Breadloaf rock (center of photo). Painted white to show the slice of bread laying on the ground.

·
Registered
238 Posts
What a great ride, wish that I could join you. The Spot tracking is worth the $$, when I go out solo my wife can follow my route and if I decide to make a change from what I told her, she'll know where I am. That Georgie steals the show every time, what a ham.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice job guys. Wish I could have come down but was out of town and away from computer til today. Thanks for sharing and organizing. Will try to get the Wood River Valley TW ers to band together and meet you in the future or do something up here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts