TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was debating what to do about the mini stock pegs. I have in the past done the weld on extensions, not crazy about that, it takes time to do it right.. I looked at new pegs and there is a few that must be solid gold with black paint on them, but I found some on fleabay for like $12 with shipping I figured what have I got to lose..

They fit good and the size is really just right, the springs suck and needed some custom adjustments but all in all they are pretty good.

IMG_20180228_214442187.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foot-Pegs-Footrest-Motocross-For-For-Yamaha-PW50-PW80-TW200-Honda-CR-CRF-XR-50/192427510033?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
343 Posts
Those ones are one of the fairly popular choices for the TW's. I found them to feel very cheap, and likely so brittle that they'd break if they caught a good smack on a rock or something. BUT they're $14...AND I'd actually prefer the peg snap off or apart than it tear the mount, and possibly the frame all to hell. Buy 2 sets and keep a set as a spare, etc.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put Krator's on mine from Amazon. I think they were $22, you have to drill a new hole on one of them to make the stock spring work, but it wasn't a big deal. I had them both on in less than 30 min. I haven't ridden them yet. Waiting for sunny weather.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
i tried a pair of aftermarket pegs and for some reason the angle was wrong, just a little off but made them uncomfortable. so i just welded some 1" flat bar around the old ones and hit them with the grinder and everything was perfect. about $10 with paint

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Might as well go buy a longer shifter while your at it. Especially if you have big feet or your wearing MX boots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts