TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 of these genuine Pelican Model 1520 cases that I will not be using. The manufacturer lists their color as silver, but I would describe it as a light gray. These are just like new and were used only once for a bulk shipment of cameras. Following are the dimensions as listed by Pelican:

Inside: 18.06" x 12.89" x 6.72"
Outside: 19.78" x 15.77" x 7.41"

100_3817.JPG

One of these would work well mounted to the top of a Cyclerack, or two could be used as panniers with some side mounting backets. I will sell them individually for $75.00 each; $130.00 for a pair; $165.00 for three; or $200 for all four; plus shipping.

PM me if you are interested.

Brian

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Mike, we expect to see those Pelican Cases the moment they are mounted. Maybe even do a step by step photo segment. Once someone does something cool, the rest of us often follow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Actually, I'm planning on putting them on my DR and DL. I use both of these bikes for touring......mostly the DL1000 but occasionally I do a little dual sport touring on the DR650. Some would say the DL is a fully capable dual sport bike and I would agree. However, my next birthday will be number 68 and I have a rule about going out in the boondocks on a bike I can't pick up. The DL is the finest sport touring bike I have ever owned, and my list of sold bikes includes 7 different BMW's.

The TW is going to get hand me down Wolfman Expedition bags from the DR. I'm trying to figure out how to hang them but I expect to make racks or buy Happy Trails racks.

As far as pictures, I have not taken the time to figure out posting pictures yet....maybe soon.

LDR

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey, Has anyone tried putting pelican 1440s as panniers on cyclerack? Just got cyclerack installed and looking for pannier and/or top bag, thx hertha

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just ordered a 1450 yesterday. My decision was based on my faulty memory of this thread... not sure how I got 1450 in my head from 1520...

I can snap a pic when it gets here mounted as a top box & as a side pannier on cyclerack and with cyclerack pannier rack...

Should arrive in a few days.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
thx i saw a pair a guy was selling that were on a bmw F800st, they almost seemed too wide compared to the 1450, later hertha
[h=2][/h]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts