TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

Next year I will be spending 2 months in Pensacola FL. I would like to bring the TW along with me and do some trail riding. Can anyone tell me if and where I can do some off-road riding while I'm down there. Either public or private land will work. I will be there for Feb. and Mar.

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
The. Elgin AFB range is huge. It is North East of Pcola. Go on jacksonguard.com to read about permit requirements. When I lived there, all you had to have was a permit and a street legal vehicle and you could go on any unrestricted area. The fishing was great at a bazillion little unmapped ponds all over the range. There are a lot hard sand roads and very soft sand trails. Get used to riding in soft sand. You can also go on myfwc.com It also lists a
bunch of management areas that have trails. You might need a permit for those as well.
RayB

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You very much georayb. Very valuable info. I WILL bring the TW when there.

Thanks Again, Mark

·
Registered
41 Posts
I second the management areas in the panhandle, some good riding. Street legal vehicles are allowed on all open trails. And the trails are open through the end of all hunting seasons. If I remember correctly, they're all still open now even.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The. Elgin AFB range is huge. It is North East of Pcola. Go on jacksonguard.com to read about permit requirements. When I lived there, all you had to have was a permit and a street legal vehicle and you could go on any unrestricted area. The fishing was great at a bazillion little unmapped ponds all over the range. There are a lot hard sand roads and very soft sand trails. Get used to riding in soft sand. You can also go on myfwc.com It also lists a
bunch of management areas that have trails. You might need a permit for those as well.
RayB
When I was stationed at Eglin in 1968-69 we would drag race on one of the many unused runways. The MP would run us off but they could not catch all of us so was never any trouble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts