TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very misleading title :p. While reading and replying to a 2017 Moab Video someone commented on, I happen to notice I got a dislike for this video. So, I then went and looked at all my video's posted thus far, 262 video's I think (didn't have enough fingers and toe's to use in my count so I might be off). 4 of the 262 video's got a single dislike. I've never noticed this until today and I'm extremely heart broke and am ready to cry a river of tears as SanDue would say (not really). :D

I know some of the common issues with video's, too long, music included, music not included, shaky, don't like my humor etc. but without someone actually stating what they didn't like about the video(s) I won't know what was disliked.

While I've improved my video's over the years, they will never be anything but amateur, unpolished attempts at showing some interesting or funny (hopefully both) places we TW riders visit and ride.

Here are my 4 cry me a river of tears boohoo hated (disliked) video's: Muttley (163x160).jpg

TW200 Season Opener 7th Inning Sinker Creek II. 842 views, 15 likes, 1 dislike

Moab 17 The Thrill of Victory & Agony of Defeat TW200. 1062 views, 17 likes, 1 dislike

16 Huntington/Halfway, OR-Brownlee Res/Sturgill Mtn. ID. 148, views, 1 like, 1 dislike

TW200 Late Fall Ride West of Owyhee Reservoir 11/15. 106 views, 0 likes, 1 dislike

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Dislikers are likely just jealous.
I like all your videos, which have gotten better over time with entertaining editorial additions like comments, music, sound effects,etc.
Bottom line: Admiral's videos rock!

I have several hundred TW200 videos on Youtube but have never even looked at their like/dislike numbers. I post for the folks here, the heck with the rest of the world.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Amen

Probably from a beaver who rides a KTM - great vids Kris

Fred - you either need to get smaller feet, or ride with them on the handle bars - never knew a man who so consistently suffers damage in that area. It's always your feet or the foot rest assembly

For my part, I'm just going to make sure my insurance policy for Moab includes chopper evac - that second vid above was a bit "real" .......

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dislikers are likely just jealous.
I like all your videos, which have gotten better over time with entertaining editorial additions like comments, music, sound effects,etc.
Bottom line: Admiral's videos rock!

I have over 400 TW200 videos on Youtube but have never even looked at their like/dislike numbers. I post for the folks here, the heck with the rest of the world.

I actually hadn't ever looked before replying to a comment this morning and the dislike caught my eye. Can't please everyone!:p

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Purple; you won't need chopper ins. The guys can try out this new technique on you if you get injured. They'll stick you in a "mummy" sleeping bag wrapped in chain link and tow you out with a six foot cable. Red Neck Travois!

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amen

Probably from a beaver who rides a KTM - great vids Kris

Fred - you either need to get smaller feet, or ride with them on the handle bars - never knew a man who so consistently suffers damage in that area. It's always your feet or the foot rest assembly

For my part, I'm just going to make sure my insurance policy for Moab includes chopper evac - that second vid above was a bit "real" .......
These trails portrayed here were fairly challenging. ejfranz and Jeff rode Rusty Nail up on the Gold Bar Rim, Golden Spike, Poison Spider trail day. I'm not saying they'd wouldn't go back but it was really tough...from what they said. The rest of us had a hard enough time on the remainder of Gold Bar Rim which had the lovely "waterfall" section, which we walked/handed our TW's down from the top.

...and there are harder more dangerous trails we, or at least I, won't try. If there is anything you can practice for in Moab is riding in sand. Almost every single trail has sand at some point. Even the "easy" ride out to Chicken Corners has some sand but not much. There are however, a lot of roads that can be ridden which are very scenic which don't contain sand. It's just easier for you or anyone if you have some sand riding experience. Most of the sand is pretty compact but it doesn't feel that way to the "sand newcomer" where any bit of looseness is unnerving.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
It’s foot deep, dry, loose sand that bugs me – I can handle a squiggle, but if the bike starts to go (literally) sideways every 5ft, it’d be quicker to get off and walk beside it - I know the suggestion is to lower tire pressure

The sand in those videos above is “manageable” however (except for KTM’S)

I’ve noticed in other Moab vids in particular, short stretches of the deeper stuff – but it can’t be worse than what we have over here - I’ll manage ……

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s foot deep, dry, loose sand that bugs me – I can handle a squiggle, but if the bike starts to go (literally) sideways every 5ft, it’d be quicker to get off and walk beside it - I know the suggestion is to lower tire pressure

The sand in those videos above is “manageable” however (except for KTM’S)

I’ve noticed in other Moab vids in particular, short stretches of the deeper stuff – but it can’t be worse than what we have over here - I’ll manage ……
haha, yup 'cept for KTM's.

It's not deep sand at all 'cept for the places that are.

Honesly, of the roads and trails I've ridden that I know people who don't like sand riding are Hidden Canyon, Bartlett Wash Road, Trails in Bartlett Basin, a couple northern sections of the 3D trail just to the east of the northern end of Bartlett Wash road. There was a couple sections on Poison Spider Loop that are deep but very short.

Even though this was our lunch spot and we "dug in" our rear tires, the fact that a TW could dig a trench in the sand shows this area is not friendly to uncomfortable sand riders. As it happens, Stig, ejfranz and myself are ok with it and had a blast. Same with nearby Hidden Canyon but the sand conditions can change. 1st Moab I rode into the canyon and was uncomfortable in the loose sand. No one else in the group followed and Mrs. Admiral on her ATV chased me down so I could turn around and rejoin the group. We didn't ride back into the canyon. In 2017 the trail sand was much firmer though you could find the knee deep sand if you wanted. :p

Even though Stig fell here and it was hard to get going as seen in the video, the rest of us on TW's didn't have any problem. A little loose yes but had good traction and we motored on out. Folks with less less of a comfort level in sand would see this as a wall though. It really isn't. Off the trail like Stig got it was not packed down like the main tracks were.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Are you sure you want people to comment, Admiral? If you read some of the ones on my videos... I'm a joke and a hack that doesn't know anything about how to ride a dirt bike. Among other comments that are meaner. Talk about crying myself to sleep. ��

p.s. I uploaded a new video today showing and talking about the gear I wear when I ride. If anyone is interested, my page link is in my signature.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like all the TW videos. Just because if they ride a TW, They must get it. I'm not a fan when music is added though, unless it's soft and doesn't drown out the engine and other normal riding noises.
Now if someone slams the TW. I'll give them a big thumbs down. Not everyone is cool. Right? I can guarantee you one thing. If I made a video, there would only be thumbs down.
You guys that take the time to make the TW videos. Keep'em coming. I'll get time and watch them all, eventually.

I don't comment on the videos because I watch them on the Big TV. The laptop isn't big enough for my old eyes.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you sure you want people to comment, Admiral? If you read some of the ones on my videos... I'm a joke and a hack that doesn't know anything about how to ride a dirt bike. Among other comments that are meaner. Talk about crying myself to sleep. 😁

p.s. I uploaded a new video today showing and talking about the gear I wear when I ride. If anyone is interested, my page link is in my signature.
Well, the comment's you received wasn't very helpful or nice. Lots of people are not nice and they just can't help being negative. Oh, don't let me forget to say some of them are very arrogant as well. They'll get their's one day. The comments you received are far worse than any "dislikes" but I was kind of being sarcastically humorous about mine.

I will have to say I received one comment which pointed out I did something wrong while riding a trail which anti-motorized folks could have used against us trail riders. Immediately I removed the video. I then re-edited the video removing the thing I did wrong. What I had done was to show I was riding around a downed tree thus starting a new trail around the obstacle. I didn't really think there was any harm but as was pointed out, if others did the same the trail would be damaged. Thanks to this constructive criticism comment, I now do everything I can to remove a trail obstacle and not go around it causing further trail damage. You can't always avoid one but I've certainly cut or pulled a lot of tree's off the trail.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like all the TW videos. Just because if they ride a TW, They must get it. I'm not a fan when music is added though, unless it's soft and doesn't drown out the engine and other normal riding noises.
Now if someone slams the TW. I'll give them a big thumbs down. Not everyone is cool. Right? I can guarantee you one thing. If I made a video, there would only be thumbs down.
You guys that take the time to make the TW videos. Keep'em coming. I'll get time and watch them all, eventually.

I don't comment on the videos because I watch them on the Big TV. The laptop isn't big enough for my old eyes.
Just a few months ago we got a new smart TV. I absolutely love watching YouTube video's now. If I really want to make a comment I'll go back on a computer to this video and make the comment. I hit the "watch later" button on a lot of video's during the year and will watch them during the winter. The exception are the TW video's...got to watch them right away.:p

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you were the world's greatest videographer, (and I'm not saying you aren't)
There are still #&*holes who would give a thumbs down.
You, Fred, and Larry all make very good videos.
I'll let you off the hook, I'm not one of the world's greatest videographer. Not even close. :D There are some TW riders who I don't see post on the forum much or at all who make really good video's using drone's. One of them last summer or late spring showed his group in Moab. That was an excellent video. I'm not gonna spend the money on a drone so my video's will be pretty hack.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
'tis human nature to want to leave some personal mark on the world.
Sometimes this is expressed positively like bringing a child into the world, planting a tree, or sharing a video.
For others their contributions are more destructive like graffiti, vandalism or spiteful comments that will last as long as the posted video.

It is up to us to determine what legacy we wish to leave.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Dang Fred that looks my family when I was a kid except we had one more girl.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts