1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
885 Posts
I am not a philosopher and I will never get to write for Hallmark. There comes a time in life you have to let your sack drop and lose the fear of dying of something other than a decaying heart.

Everyone should invent a joke and/or an expression before they die. Mine: "Buy the best motorcycle you can so you won't outlive your savings." Michael Bryce Winnick April 16, 2019.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taking Michael Bryce Winnick's lead...here's one of mine. Related to motorcycle riding safety:
"They can't hit you if you ain't there!"

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's one from my Old Man that has actually been a major influence in my life.
I was probably 15-16 and becoming a major screw up.
His admonition, short & sweet:
"Give a Damn!"

I knew immediately just what he meant.

Thanks Dad...you nailed it!
I miss you every day.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I read this some were

“I don’t ride motorcycles to add days to my life, I ride motorcycles to add life to my days.” Think that about sums it up for me.

I got pretty messed up in 2012 by a inattentive car driver while out on one of my bikes. Did a lot of damage to me but I knew I wanted to ride again. A lot of people around me thought I was insane and questioned me. My answer was always what good was it to survive the damn accident if I’m going to stop living.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
An Old MOPAR builder I knew back in the day used to always say if you're going off the road floor it and one night up on Snoqualimie pass we were going off I-90 in to a monster snow bank and he did indeed floor it (1971 440 4bbl 4sp Dana 60 Cuda) well all it did was drive us farther out into the median filled with 6 feet of powder lol but what a night to remember. It was two guys and 4 very cold girls stuck overnite in the snow I was glad I was in that "crash" lol

btw car was totally unharmed it was like landing on a giant marshmallow even the 2 post road sign we clipped off had just enough snow pack that it didn't even damage the rare and fragile 71 CUDA grill

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah, the good ol' days...

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's the face I make when I open the door and missionaries or JW's are standing there instead of a pizza.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cowboy...you are a nut.

And that is high praise, coming from me...keep up the good work!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts