TW200 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I looked seriously at TW, even made an offer on a couple used ones but didn't get them. I finally decided to purchase new and the dealer had TW's and the VV's in stock. After trying both it looked like the VV would be a better bike for me as I do little trail or off road riding but lots of county roads and farm two tracks. So far after 400 miles of riding this winter I think I made the right decision.

View attachment 200282

Spare fuel for all day trips
View attachment 200392

GPS with public lands chip
View attachment 200394

Tool box hold tire spoons, jumpstart battery, CO2 inflator, wheel removing tools, patch kit, rain coat, scarf and spare gloves
Very cool setuo I'n guessing by the sun shining in one pic you must be on the eastern side of the mountains in Wa or Oregon ?

i like the idea of the GPS with public land maps I recently bought a Garmin portable for the same reason here in AZ

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very cool setuo I'n guessing by the sun shining in one pic you must be on the eastern side of the mountains in Wa or Oregon ?

i like the idea of the GPS with public land maps I recently bought a Garmin portable for the same reason here in AZ
Hey PlacerLode,
May I ask, WHICH GPS with public lands did you get?
Scott

·
Registered
287 Posts
I went with a Garmin Rhino with all the bells and whistles but honestly haven't used it yet I'm planning to spend some time up around the Havasu BLM area in the near future
Hey Sir,
Thanks for getting back to me on this. I'll check that unit out. By the way, if you do get up to our little melt down town of Lake Havasu, you'll have to let me know so we can meet up and say HI! Always good to put a face with all the great posts.
Scott

·
Registered
263 Posts
The VanVan is fuel injected as well, right?

I at least thought it was. That is nice, but does make working on it yourself a bit more complicated I guess? The single-cylinder carburated TW does mean you can pretty much do any of the work on it yourself.

I've done a lot so far, and am about to follow Tdubs Kids tutorial videos for swapping out my front/rear sprockets, changing my chain, and doing a valve adjustment. Not sure I'd be as quick to do it on the VanVan. Also, to the point of other members ... it's a Suzuki. Yamaha all the way! Simple and reliable :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Wow those new van vans look alot like the tw. Id only ever seen old ones with 12 inch ATV rims on them. Think I like the older ones better

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
I like all the four Japanese brands, and have bought new ones. I dont favour one over another.
I've also owned at least one model from the Big-4 Japanese brands and the ONLY one that let me down was the Suzuki....very disappointed.
On the other hand, we owned a Suzuki XL7 SUV for about 100 years and never put anything other than oil and gas into it...
Go figure.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
What bike was it?
I've also owned at least one model from the Big-4 Japanese brands and the ONLY one that let me down was the Suzuki....very disappointed.
On the other hand, we owned a Suzuki XL7 SUV for about 100 years and never put anything other than oil and gas into it...
Go figure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Having owned both I can for certain say on paper they perform the same but in the real world the Yamaha is faster. The Suzuki may be more street oriented body and suspension but the Yamaha although a bit buzzy at high speed is far more capable. On a good day with the wind in the right direction I was able to achieve over 95kmh. with the TW I can ride at speeds around 110 no problems even with a bit of head wind.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Rv200 is a cool little bike. I had a '97 Suzuki GSF1200S for twenty years and it never let me down, except that time I hit a deer. Weren't the bike's fault. Got my Suzuki '86 FA50 Shuttle that keeps buzzing along. Any of the Big Four make a quality product.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts