TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a new TW200. Everytime I look at it (from the front) I feel the bright, white headlight fairing is screaming for some sort of personal statement. What would you suggest, a retired Army decal, a D-Backs emblem, flames! (lol). I don't see a lot of photos and thought this would be an interesting question...

Jeff

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would say whatever best suits you and your personality. I have wanted to paint my tank with ghost flames or something like that for fun.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Something tells me Qwerty won't vote for flames. My TW came without any decals on the fairing, so I ran with a wine bumper sticker for awhile (until I bought the oem Yamaha decal, which by the way came with the famous tuning fork logo). I ran with this "no wimpy wines mate" without ever raising a single slur or complaint from our Oz members. I guess they were to embarrassed that their Australian wines were advertised this way.

I'm sure there are more important things to say on your fairing; I have a partial University of New Mexico sticker on my windshield of the Kawasaki that just says "Nuevo Mexico". The fairing is an obvious place to individualize your bike. Go for it. Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Mine says "WARNING: Does not play well with others".

·
Registered
232 Posts
instead of YAMAHA change just a couple of letters just to get an old school double take, such as YOMAMA or YOMAMAHA , I like the "ACE CAFE", stickers they are definatly Old School. I wish I could put a picture on this forum someplace besides my avitar. just google "Ace Cafe", Cool logo!!

Someone on this forum makes a TW sticker that looks like a VW sticker also very apropo as the TW is the VW of the moto world in a sense. Good Luck and have fun brother.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Join the NRA and they will give you a nice sticker

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
With your retired Army comment I thought about these couple of stickers I was thinking about putting on my tank, but have decided not too. I was still thinking of putting one of these on my cowling and probably will.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I've got " The voices made me do it" Sticker on mine. Along with some Wal-Mart flame stickers on the tank. Good for five mental horsepower in the mid-range and at least ten on topend.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
There is a family that makes vinyl stickers at a nearby flea market on weekends. The gal said she can use just about any jpg or other common image file.

I'm thinking about "Crazy Frog".

Original Joke and Chase Scene

·
Registered
46 Posts
With your retired Army comment I thought about these couple of stickers I was thinking about putting on my tank, but have decided not too. I was still thinking of putting one of these on my cowling and probably will.

My choice, go Army!!! CMS [Ret. USAF, first 2 yrs Army]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm still contemplating this one. I just remembered that most auto parts stores and even Walmart have lots of stickers and other things. Sounds like something to do this weekend. I'm bored!!! Arizona still has not sent me my permanent plate and registation, so my brand new bike has been sitting quietly in the garage for over a week

I did install a new luggage rack on Sunday. Can't wait to try it out

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too have a new Tw and the white cowling looked too bare to me. As well as the white plastics on the side. And the white front fender. Went down to the local Yamaha dealer where I bought my Rosie (Tw). Bought a blue and white decal/ graphics kit for about 25 bucks. Basically a big sheet of Yamaha stickers and the tuning forks logo etc.. It kicked around the house for a few days, but I too got bored and after drinking a...few too many beers I wandered outside and went to town. The next day I was pleasantly surprised.. looks pretty good. Sorry I can't post pictures...yet. Did a heck of a job with placement but even in my happy state I was smart enough to stay clear of the stock tank. No messing with the painted part, however a lot of white plastic was violated.

Ride a 2012 TW 200...happily.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
OK guys... I have a photo but I can't make it post... If ya want to see mine please refer to an earlier post "TW logo thoughts" It's at the bottom of the first page.. If someone could some how paste it and move it over that would be greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. OMM.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts