TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admiral was the runner up from the last contest, and he chose: TW at a high point or overlook. Examples: Mountain Top, Hill Top, Bluff, Scenic Overlook, Sand Dune.
This is gonna be another fun one, but then, they're all fun

The rules are the same as always

#1. It must be your TW

#2. It must be a recent photo

#3. It must be about the topic picked by the last winner.

#4. It must be a "clean" photo

#5. You can only submit one photo per contest (if you submit more than one, only one will be voted on)

#6. the photo cannot be altered (photoshop)

#7. Have fun

entries will be taken until March 20. Have fun and be safe

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think the spirit of a photo contest is to present a challenge for people to go out, compose and shoot a photo, not go through old photo archives and find something. But this is by far my favorite photo of my TW so I want to at least share it.

Besides, "recent" is a relative term isn't it? I took this photo in August of 2008, just a couple months after I got the bike. It is very recent compared to human existence.

It is in the area of the Jones Creek Trail System near Washougal, WA. In the distance but difficult to see is the Columbia River and the hills on the other side are in Oregon. This is just west of the Columbia River Gorge where the river passes through the Cascade Mountain Range, the route taken by Lewis and Clark.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Looking down at the Skagit river valley.

·
Registered
553 Posts

On the 'Bridle Track' in NSW, Australia. Travelling the 400ks back to my parents house over the Christmas break whilst a uni student. That was close to all the possessions!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Not sure this qualifies as "recent" since it was last summer whn Admiral and I took a ride up to Packer John Lookout. I haven't had the bike up to any place that might be considered an "overlook" since then as most spots like that are still snow covered in early March in Idaho!

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
TW parked at an abondoned mine near Cuddy Mtn., overlooking Hell's Canyon-Snake River.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I love that the first 4 replies on this thread are from the Pacific Northwest!

Here's one of mine from last summer at an overlook/bluff with a great view of Mt. Bachelor...

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
This picture was taken a top a cliff just off Highway 1 about 20 miles north of Santa Cruz, California, looking out over the Pacific Ocean. You can see the affect the wind has on the hardwood plants.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice to see another T-dub in Fairbanks. I've been waiting to get one for a few years now, and finally picked up a used one the other day. I plan on doing lots of riding this summer, once all this snow melts.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Well, this is pretty recent, late January, just above our ranch in South Central WA. Snow was lacking, and it was super muddy below, so D and I headed up.

Any of you that saw the news piece about the White Swan fire, it started just behid the bikes here, down on the flats and traveled away from this spot. It crossed right through the North end of town, which is just barely visible in the background. 20 homes were lost and the old mill. No serious injuries though, which is most important. They clocked winds in excess of 70 mph that afternoon.

Bag

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
Not alot of elevation in the dunes overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Crescent Beach, Florida. Elevation maybe 10 ft.

Good photo. This is one reason I mentioned "dunes". Not everyone lives in a place where they can easily drive too that is at high elevation spot, and I wanted to include as many TW riders as possible in the contest. 10ft above sea level is exactly what I was hoping, for those who don't live in hills and mountains.

·
Registered
225 Posts
This is another shot from my trip to Tygart Lake on 2/27/11. I have had fun trying to find something a little more exciting, but things are kinda drab around here this time of year. The elevation of Tygart Lake is 1100 ft., so I am somewhere between the Dunes and the Rockies.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was finally able to go for a ride today and get my pic. This is from the top of Washburn Heights, overlooking the Willamette Valley.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not alot of elevation in the dunes overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Crescent Beach, Florida. Elevation maybe 10 ft.

I know this is OT... sorry, but a quick question, how do those tires do in sand as opposed to stock?

Thanks!

You may now resume the thread, already in progress.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had the stock tires on my first tw and they were fine for sugar sand. IMO better than the Shinko 428. I like the Shinko 428 on this 87 model cause I use it more on the street than my 2005 I use to have. Smoother ride. I noticed when I went into the dune area these shinkos did not sink as much though-less digging like the knobs I guess.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts