TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah, c'mon.. where are the *steel deck* bridges?!

Do I have to amend the challenge to show a fridge magnet stuck to the deck of the bridge too?

If I don't see a steel deck in the picture by day 3 (tomorrow afternoon) I'll concede to Truelight and say the harley challenge is on

Truelight, btw: thats an awesome bridge..

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I freely admit that is a photo from last fall, so yes, according to the rules, it doesn't qualify. Also, if you look really carefully on the left of my profile pic, you'll see the same bridge.

·
Registered
165 Posts
OK, this is the Bridge of the Gods near Cascade Locks, OR in the Columbia River Gorge. As jontow anticipated, you can't stop on the bridge so I am disappointed that the photo does not show the steel roadbed.

This website has a great photo of the roadbed. 5th photo from the top:

http://www.buhacoff.com/NW201004.html

This was a good 60 mile ride. Much better than working this afternoon. Taking state route 14 on the Washington side of the river most of the road looks pretty much like this.

WooHoo!

Mark

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Next?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've got a police station near me I'm just chicken to go take the picture

Current challenge "Your TW next to a real police car." (no models or toys.)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hmmm. I didn't expect this crowd to be afraid of the man.

This is my '85 Mustang SSP (Special Service Police), one of those ongoing projects. In it's glory days it was an Oregon State Police car. It was hit in the rear and totaled. The only real difference between this and a standard LX Mustang is it has the GT suspension. They almost always had a 5.0 V8 and 5 speed manual. It is going to be a fun car if I ever get it back on the road.

So how about a photo of your TW with your country's flag in it.

Mark

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hmmm. I didn't expect this crowd to be afraid of the man.

This is my '85 Mustang SSP (Special Service Police), one of those ongoing projects. In it's glory days it was an Oregon State Police car. It was hit in the rear and totaled. The only real difference between this and a standard LX Mustang is it has the GT suspension. They almost always had a 5.0 V8 and 5 speed manual. It is going to be a fun car if I ever get it back on the road.

So how about a photo of your TW with your country's flag in it.

Mark

I suspect your story is true as I used to work for the Idaho State Police and remember when we had Mustangs of this era. I'd have to say though that your photo doesn't count as this is not a -marked- police car nor is it in service. Had I some time, I'd run by and get this photo and go ya one better by having a trooper sit on my TW and I on his Kawasaki motor. Here are some photos I took when I was still working there a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Mark in Wa had the last winning photo and still has control of the challenge. I give a yes to him changing the challenge early.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd have to say though that your photo doesn't count as this is not a -marked- police car nor is it in service.
But I did not say it had to be marked and I said it DOESN'T have to be in-service. I think my photo does count.

The new challenge is "Your TW next to a police car." It can be Police, Sheriff, Highway Patrol, State Patrol, whatever. And doesn't have to be currently in-service but has to be a real car, no models or toys.
I can prove that it was ordered as a police car by the tags attached to the radiator support. Oh I forgot, it also has a 140MPH speedometer that says "Certified Calibration" on it.

When marked it would have looked something like this:

http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/1986_mustang.shtml

Mark

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
That is a coollllllllll car!

I drive a multitude of modified vehicles in a small town, and "the fuzz" already give me funny looks, sorry for not taking the challenge. Will work on the next one....

So how about those pics of your tw with your country's flag in it??? (We have to say that, right?)

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
So, TW and the flag eh? Let's just have fun and keep this game going!

BTW Mark, what kind of front tire are you running?

·
Registered
165 Posts
BTE what kind of front tire are you running?
Bridgestone TW302. I wanted to try it because AFAIK no-one else has and I liked the look of it. I installed it just over a week ago so I am still forming opinions on it. I'll probably do a post on it in a couple of weeks.

The biggest plus is the whirring sound of the stock tire is gone.

21 - 40 of 494 Posts