TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
I posted this picture once before.

I rode up the hill, took maybe three or four pictures and the batteries went dead. The sun was just coming out and 2 hours after this picture was taken I bet 80% of the snow was gone. If you went maybe 300 yards in any direction from this intersection there was no snow, it was just in this one spot. If I recall correctly I only had a sweat shirt on for warmth and was comfortable until reaching the summit and even then was only cold if riding.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
A ) i live in arizona so very little snow

B ) i have 4 wheels called a rzr for snow

c ) i need a running bike with an engine to be able to ride in the snow

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
tony, Yes you've got my tank. He told me he had passed it on to a better home. I've been looking for it to resurface as a California reincarnated TW tank. Are you going to use it or brew beer? Tom

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
tony, Yes you've got my tank. He told me he had passed it on to a better home. I've been looking for it to resurface as a California reincarnated TW tank. Are you going to use it or brew beer? Tom

I am trying to figure out a way to install it without cutting anything off the frame. I really hate doing irreversible things to the bike.

Every time I go to the gas station I think to myself "I sure wish I had a bigger tank". Maybe one of these days I will get the hacksaw out and get to work. Maybe.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Pics from last winter at my Friends Hunting Cabin in Middletown, NY.

Snow,Ice,and wet leaves with stock tires...not fun.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Pointer 1. Don't go far from home so you can walk or crawl back.

Pointer 2. Let the damned think lay there until spring if necessary.

Pointer 3. Never ask for advice from people you don't know. Cheers, Tom

Tony - PM with challenge sent. Tom

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Personally I have not found it to be a fun experience. I suspect there is very different types of snow. The type I have had to deal with generally is no lower than 3200 feet. At that elevation it is seldom more than 8 inches deep more often than not closer to 4"/6". The few times I have tried, I have found 'our' snow to pretty much suck all the power from the engine and I end up doing more pushing than riding. I certainly have no intention in pegging the throttle and hoping for the best. When I attached a ski to the front wheel, it would float and skim making forward movement easier, but not inviting. When I see snow on the side of the road (dirt) I figure the road will likely be impassable within the next quarter mile. Generally that proves to be the case. I avoid the white stuff, but give it a try as snow conditions may be very different in your neighborhood. Gerry

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Personally I have not found it to be a fun experience. I suspect there is very different types of snow. The type I have had to deal with generally is no lower than 3200 feet. At that elevation it is seldom more than 8 inches deep more often than not closer to 4"/6". The few times I have tried, I have found 'our' snow to pretty much suck all the power from the engine and I end up doing more pushing than riding. I certainly have no intention in pegging the throttle and hoping for the best. When I attached a ski to the front wheel, it would float and skim making forward movement easier, but not inviting. When I see snow on the side of the road (dirt) I figure the road will likely be impassable within the next quarter mile. Generally that proves to be the case. I avoid the white stuff, but give it a try as snow conditions may be very different in your neighborhood. Gerry

WOW Giz you are a real snowdog

Ronnydog

1 - 20 of 50 Posts