20,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These action cameras sure seem pretty durable

·
Registered
20,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Rest assured, the car's roll cage was pretty durable too:
"Driver Jeremy Foley from Dallas and co-driver Yuri Kouznetsov tumble down the mountain during the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb at a place on the course called Devils Playground on Sunday.Fortunately, both drivers survived the accident.
Foley, originally from Milford, Mich., posted a note on his Facebook page:
"I thought I posted already, but Yuri and I are ok. A little beaten up but nothing major. Thank you so much to everyone for the kindness and support! What a wonderful feeling to feel so loved!"

Read more: Two survive horrific Pikes Peak accident | Autoweek

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I like the part at 30 sec. when he or the passenger said "WHOA" when getting airborne.

That point when you realize that nothing seems to work - no matter how you turn the steering wheel; or the fact that your foot having mashed the brake pedal all the way to the floor does not seem to have any effect. I know I've heard of "air brakes"; but not working here. For you youngsters; the pedals used to come up out of the floor (hence the term "floor it" or "put the pedal to the metal" when telling someone to go faster; or "I've got it floored" meaning there ain't no more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts