TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Goo treasure box Flathats!
I was just given a similar box of .22LR ammo for my birthday. Only 500 rounds but some were my favorite CCI Stingers, hurrah!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Yes on the Treasure box and you probably can't go to any store right now and find all of that.

My issue is a rather personal one but I would much rather find a Treasure box with that many 22LR rounds all from the same manufacturer and the same exact round. Not sure if others have the same problems with their guns but I find once I sight the scope in for a particular round of ammo switching to other brands and rounds is just far enough off to miss. My main target is small red squirrels at around 50 yards. They get into my attic and roll nuts around at night so they have to go. My Ruger 10/22 with target barrel and a nice 10X scope is a very deadly combo but when the target is a little larger than a chipmunk it better be right on the money like a quarter size group. Every time I do find any 22LR ammo available it is always a different brand or size so I can't stick with any single one. I long for the days when I could buy bricks of 500 rounds for under $10 and as many as I could carry at a time. I have a few boxes just like your treasure box loaded with all sorts of different rounds but my gun and scope seem to like one brand at a time unless I go through re sighting it to each different round as I change.

GaryL

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes on the Treasure box and you probably can't go to any store right now and find all of that.

My issue is a rather personal one but I would much rather find a Treasure box with that many 22LR rounds all from the same manufacturer and the same exact round. Not sure if others have the same problems with their guns but I find once I sight the scope in for a particular round of ammo switching to other brands and rounds is just far enough off to miss. My main target is small red squirrels at around 50 yards. They get into my attic and roll nuts around at night so they have to go. My Ruger 10/22 with target barrel and a nice 10X scope is a very deadly combo but when the target is a little larger than a chipmunk it better be right on the money like a quarter size group. Every time I do find any 22LR ammo available it is always a different brand or size so I can't stick with any single one. I long for the days when I could buy bricks of 500 rounds for under $10 and as many as I could carry at a time. I have a few boxes just like your treasure box loaded with all sorts of different rounds but my gun and scope seem to like one brand at a time unless I go through re sighting it to each different round as I change.

GaryL
I agree with you on buying the same ammo all the time....I have quite a few cases of cartons that are all the same for my rifles...this treasure box will mostly be used on the trapline....dispatch pistol shots at very close range...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
That Browning .22 is relatively new to the shelf. We received a half doz boxes at the store, & I have received mixed reviews on it... There are not that many manufactures of rimfire ammo, so I don't know who Browning sub-contracted to. It's my belief that it is re-branded something? Anyone have a guess or info?

I know, we must take opinions on ammo with a bit of salt... what works well for one firearm will function poorly in another, & then mix in personal preferences, brand loyalty, etc.

.22 is available, if you're willing to jump through flaming hoops with pockets full of cash to get it, most of the time. What chaps me is that ANY of the rimfire ammo manufacturer's could have spent the big $$ a couple of years ago and by now have paid for their investment. Even IF this drove the price back down eventually, the demand for .22lr will always be there.

Good score Flathats :icon_thumright: m.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Here in Reno, .22LR is FINALLY available at nearly every store big sporting store. Scheels, Sportsmans warehouse and Cabelas are pretty well stocked. It's still pretty expensive compared to prices 3+ years ago :(

I rarely shoot mine now, as I, like others, have been hoarding the rounds :D

·
Registered
814 Posts
Get a good count on the total number of .22LR pistols and rifles that are out there. More than there used to be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts