TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short: I've owned many motorcycles - used to race MX, owned sport bikes, standards, dual sports - I'm 60

I bought the TW200 at the end of the day last Saturday (31st of Aug) and will be picking it up tomorrow

My wife thinks it's going to be hers but I seriously doubt she will ever ride it much - she's in love with the idea of "mild" trail riding but the reality is she's terrified of motorcycles (she wheelied my Ducati when she was learning how to ride many years ago - let the clutch out SLOWLY darlin - nope)

So, my first mods:
  • Chrome rims
  • Speakers
  • nitrous
  • turbo
  • intercooler
  • rainbow sparkle paint
  • wheel spikes (think ben hur chariot racing scenes)
  • real tiger skin seat cover
But seriously, my first mods:
  • lever protectors
  • is the front tire really that bad? (sounds like the OEM front tire on my former WR250R)
  • skid plate
  • headlight (LED upgrade)
  • foot pegs
And also, if my wife actually does begin riding and she enjoys it, then I'll get another one that's just for me

I'll post photos of my (oh look another stock T-dub . . . yawn) new machine tomorrow (ha)

Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
17,956 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
Long story short: I've owned many motorcycles - used to race MX, owned sport bikes, standards, dual sports - I'm 60

I bought the TW200 at the end of the day last Saturday (31st of Aug) and will be picking it up tomorrow

My wife thinks it's going to be hers but I seriously doubt she will ever ride it much - she's in love with the idea of "mild" trail riding but the reality is she's terrified of motorcycles (she wheelied my Ducati when she was learning how to ride many years ago - let the clutch out SLOWLY darlin - nope)

So, my first mods:
  • Chrome rims
  • Speakers
  • nitrous
  • turbo
  • intercooler
  • rainbow sparkle paint
  • lever protectors
  • is the front tire really that bad? (sounds like the OEM front tire on my former WR250R)
  • skid plate
  • foot pegs
And also, if my wife actually does begin riding and she enjoys it, then I'll get another one that's just for me

I'll post photos of my (oh look another stock T-dub . . . yawn) new machine tomorrow (ha)

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
20,182 Posts
Maybe get her some colorful spoke covers if you can't find the sparkle paint. Maybe pink will make it "girly" and keep you off it.:p

Big welcome! Spoke-Protector-Colorful-Motocross-Rims-Skins-Covers-Off-Road-Bike-Guard-Wraps.jpg

·
Registered
482 Posts

So, my first mods:
  • Chrome rims
  • Speakers
  • nitrous
  • turbo
  • intercooler
  • rainbow sparkle paint
  • lever protectors
  • skid plate
  • foot pegs

Thanks everyone!
For years, I was infatuated with those "Wheel spikes" from the Ben Hur chariot race scenes. I was pretty young when that came out and even then, me being a bit naive back then, I was wondering just how they got things CHROMED back then??? What a bone head. My wife is pretty outgoing. But, I purchased a TW for her several years ago and she barely rode it. So, that was then and this is now and she's content to sit back at camp, with the little Schnauzer we have, while I stagger around on trails and back roads of any particular area we're in at the time.
Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks everyone!

It had 0.8 miles on it when I left the dealership

Now it has 10.2 miles on it

I kept trying to shift into 6th . . .

I seriously cannot believe how slow this thing is - as I kid I never had enough money for a mini bike - looks like I finally got one (ha)

Now begins the upgrading & replacing all my gear

Ride safe, ride often - enjoy!

:)

only 10.2 miles on it, 03-sep-2019.JPG

·
Registered
482 Posts

Thanks everyone!

It had 0.8 miles on it when I left the dealership

Now it has 10.2 miles on it

I kept trying to shift into 6th . . .

I seriously cannot believe how slow this thing is - as I kid I never had enough money for a mini bike - looks like I finally got one (ha)

Now begins the upgrading & replacing all my gear

Ride safe, ride often - enjoy!

View attachment 197486

"Slow", well, yeah they're not a rocket ship for sure but, a 200 cc motor ain't supposed to be fast. They're a fun little bike with limited capabilities. Keep that in mind and that little bike will be a TON of fun.
Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I just ordered a helmet today - I went with another Shoei VFX-W

I had one of these helmets a few years ago and it was great - I've owned quite a few Shoei helmets and I've never had any bad experiences - whether it makes any sense or not, I'm extremely loyal to the Shoei brand

Apparently that helmet is being replaced with the newer version, the VFX-EVO which is about $160 more than the VFX-W I just bought so, very happy to get one of the old ones before they were sold out (in my size)

As for other riding gear, I'll be using the boots, gloves, and goggles that I didn't get rid of when I sold my last motorcycle two years ago, but eventually I will get new boots, and I'll add an armored top, knee guards, and blah, blah, blah

Based on what many others have done, I already have a long list of upgrades for the T-Dub - here's the "short list"
  • Hand guards
  • Handlebar
  • Front tire
  • Fork springs & fork oil
  • Skid plate
  • Foot pegs
  • Oil change items
  • Tire change tools
  • LED headlight
I also have to get a trailer and trailer hitch because I live about 70 miles from the forest roads that criss-cross the North Georgia mountains - riding up there and back at 50 mph isn't something I would ever look forward to (although I might still do it before I can get the trailer and hitch)

I have the machine in my garage and I already paid $209 for a complete year of insurance

Some may not like this but I've removed all stickers from the side plastic, rear plastic, and headlight plastic - I know it's a Yamaha and I don't care if anyone else needs to know (ha)

Hope to see y'all on the trails soon
Ride safe, ride often!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Welcome to the group :D

Might want to a a decent chain to that list.

Now that I have owned a TW for several years I believe if I were to get another, that would be the first thing on my list.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Good list of upgrades lol on 6th gear we all do it. Besides a good helmet she will love a pair of Forma low adventure boots and good gloves.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts